Chapter 3

Veronica's POV

Dear Diary,

I believe I'm a good person,
You know, I think there's good in everyone
But here we are, first day of senior year!
I look around at all these kids I've known all my life and I ask myself: 
What happened???

I walked through the halls of Westerburg once again, this time a year older. Like always, I write my thoughts down in my beloved diary. Before I could write any further, someone shoved me in the shoulder. I was about to punch back, thinking it might be Ram or Kurt. Instead, I realized the person who shoved me was someone I've never seen in Westerburg before. She was dressed in pink, but it looked fashionable.

"Oh, sorry! I'm a new student here, you know, from the exchange student thingy!" She said. 

"It's fine." I held out my hand. "I'm Veronica, Veronica Sawyer."

She shook my hand. "Nice to meet you!" Before she could introduce herself, somebody was calling her from across the hallway, and she had to leave.

Shrugging, I simply went back to my own business.

Janis's POV

"The people here are worse than back at home." Damian told me as we saw a random jock beat up one of his fellow students. 

"Well, not everyone can be nice." I replied. First day of school and things already feel like shit.

"SHUT UP HEATHER!" We heard someone shout from the hallway.

"Sorry, Heather..." Another person said.

Me and Damian took a peek at what was going on. In the hallway, there were 3 girls who were arguing with each other. 

"Heather, just stop rambling about your bulimia! You're only making yourself look worse!" The girl who said this had strawberry blonde hair, tied back with a red scrunchie. The scrunchie isn't the only thing that was red, nearly her entire outfit was.

"Sorry, Heather..." The girl who apologized had black hair tied into a low ponytail with a green scrunchie, and had an outfit similar to the first girl, only green.

"Maybe you should see a doctor Heather." The third girl had poofy blonde hair, and she was dressed in a yellow scrunchie and outfit.

"Well you don't see that everyday..." Damian said.

"They remind me of the Plastics actually." I rolled my eyes. All 3 girls had "Plastic" written all over them.

Before any other drama can happen, the bell rang, and everyone hurried over to their respective classrooms.

"See you at lunch." Damian said as he went to the classroom in front of us.

I went to my assigned classroom just down the hall. I could only hope that none of the Plastics were in my class. I opened the door. The teacher wasn't there yet so I took one of the seats at the back. I glanced around at the students in the classroom. I spotted the 3 girls from earlier, seated at the front row. Behind them was Aaron Samuels, who is Cady's apparent crush or something. At least no Plastics. A teacher suddenly came in through the door.

"Good Morning everyone! I will be your teacher for this school year. I'm Ms. Fleming" After the teacher introduced herself, she began to discuss today's lesson.

"Oh boy, this class will be absolutely interesting"

Veronica's POV

After several fun hours of learning knowledge we will most likely never use in our adult lives, the lunch bell finally rang. I met up with J.D. and Martha and we proceeded to the cafeteria to have lunch. We usually took a seat near the back, but not at the very back, We did this so we could hide from the wrath of the Heathers but still be able to see what was going on. We spotted 2 people, a boy and girl, seated alone on a nearby table. The guy wore a checkered polo over a shirt, while the girl wore a denim jacket that was covered with several patches. Probably more new students. The Heathers took their usual spot near the center of the cafeteria. Nothing out of the ordinary.