Chapter 4

Veronica's POV

Dear Diary,

     I already thought I was done with dealing with popular kids. I told myself I won't involve myself with them. I thought nothing could get worse than the Heathers.

Sad to say, I was wrong.

     If there was something worse than the Heathers, it would be another group just like them. Now, thanks to the stupid student exchange program, there are these 4 girls who are called "The Plastics". A girl named Janis and her friend Damian told us about them. They are led by Regina George, a mythic bitch, just like Heather Chandler. She actually had the guts to stand up to Chandler and get away without a scratch. Knowing Heather, she is probably fuming right now. 

     That isn't the only thing though. Ever since the lunch incident, some people started looking to Regina for authority. They think she is better than Chandler. I never thought I would live to see the day that somebody as bad as the Heathers would be considered "better". It's not exactly their fault though, Regina has been treating others with kindness in order for them to submit to her.  ̶W̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶k̶i̶n̶d̶a̶ ̶m̶e̶s̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶a̶c̶t̶u̶a̶l̶l̶y̶. I could see why they would think she is better. But if everything that Janis said is true, we might be in even deeper shit than we thought.

"Woah look here she comes!" Some random kids said. Similar to the past few weeks, people swarmed around Regina, treating her like some celebrity or something. There were quite a lot of people, since the lunch bell just rang. And by sheer chance, somebody just so happened to knock my diary out of my hands.

And it landed right in front of Regina.

"Shit, uh, sorry." I quickly apologized as I picked up the diary. The problem was, I didn't see Ram Sweeney's foot in the way, so I tripped.

"Jesus, walk much?" Regina mocked, and everyone laughed at me. I had to keep myself from making a comeback, since that would only make the situation worse. The other three Plastics followed her like how toddlers follow their parents.

 I met up with JD and we sat down. Martha was absent since she got sick. Janis and Damian were on another, distant table. The Heathers sat at their usual spot. Heather Mcnamara was going around, asking everyone the lunchtime poll. Soon enough, she approached us with the question.

"Would you rather take a hot bath in summer or a cold shower in winter?"

"That's a pretty dumb question." JD said. He wasn't rude or anything though. Similar to me, Heather Mac was the only Heather we tolerated and trusted. We asked her once if she wanted to stick with us, but she refused since the rest of the Heathers wouldn't be too happy about that.

"Well, Duke picked it." she sighed.

"I'd go with hot bath in summer." I answered

"Same here" was JD's response.

She wrote that down. "Oh, and, Veronica? Chandler wants to talk to you. Preferably right now." she said.

"Well this can't be good." I thought. "About what?" 

"She didn't tell me, but keeping her waiting would be a bad decision."

JD frowned at me. His look basically said "Don't go. Bad idea." , but I didn't really have much of a choice.

"I'll be right back." I told him. I stood up and followed Mcnamara to the Heathers table.

"Well if it isn't Veronica Sawyer. How's your little boy toy?" Chandler said with a mocking tone.