Chapter 13

Cady's POV

I sat down with Gretchen and Karen at our usual spot. There was no sign of Regina, so I relaxed. However, Green Heather kept on giving me glares whenever I passed by.

"So, what are you doing this weekend?" Gretchen asked.

"I'm not really planning anything." I told them.

"Oh, you could, you know, have a party!" Gretchen said. "I heard that you can rent the nearby clubhouse for a couple hours. Don't worry, I'll pay for it!"

I gave her a careful look. "Thanks for the offer, but I don't really know..."

"If you throw a party, we could invite Aaron over!" She said.

I paused, reconsidering my options. "Well, I could... but we should just keep it small, let's say 5-6 people."

"Oh, okay, sure! No problem!" Gretchen said.

The next few days were spent planning. We rented the clubhouse and Gretchen began listing various things that she had thought of. 

"Hey Aaron! Congratulations on being nominated prom king!" I said as I went up to him.

"Oh, thanks, but the nomination is really stupid anyway. People have been nominating me for stuff like this since I was at North Shore." He said.

"Oh." I said, laughing nervously. "Anyway, I'm having a little party at the clubhouse this weekend, and I was hoping that you would come."

"Is Regina coming?" He asked.

"No! of course not!" I snorted. "Do you think I'm an idiot? I'm just inviting a few people over, and you better be one of them biotch!"

Aaron visibly cringed. "Okay then." and then he left.

"See, I told you saying that would work! I'm totally honored that I helped set this up for you!" Gretchen beamed. "And also, I can help you with a whole lot of other things as well! I can help you shop for clothes, fix that tear in your jacket, I can also arrange a music playlist for-"

"Gretchen!" I flashed her a smile. "I get it." 

Gretchen looked slightly hurt for a second, but she simply smiled. "Sorry, I guess I got a bit carried away."

"Well, I see you at the party, I guess." I said, trying to relieve the tension in the air. "Bye Gretchen."

"Bye Cady." She waved and left.

Regina's POV

I can't believe Cady had the nerve to tell me not to sit at our table. Can't they bend the rules for one freaking second? Sweatpants were all that I could wear thanks to this stupid weight gain.

I decided to get on the treadmill and burn a couple fats when my phone rang. It was my mom asking for a video call.

I accepted it reluctantly. "Hi mom."

"Hi sweetie!" She said in a sickeningly sweet tone. "How is school?"

"Fine." It's absolute hell.

"Are you on the treadmill again?" She asked.

"No, mom, I'm right over there back home with you." I said sarcastically.

"You know sweetie, I know that you're worried about your body, but true beauty comes from the face!"

"Mom, stop talking about my body!" I said.

"Well maybe you can fix up a low-carb snack, like-"

"MOM I SAID I'M FINE! JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!" I ever-so-slightly ran faster on the treadmill.