Chapter 12

Cady's POV

I was walking with Regina to the cafeteria. Despite the little slip-up that happened yesterday, people liked my dancing and my costume.

"Cady, did you change your hair?" Regina suddenly asked me.

I twirled a lock of my hair. "Yeah, why?"

"It's nice, I like it." Regina strided over to Gretchen. "Gretchen, move!"

"I'm sorry Regina. You can't sit with us." Gretchen said.

Regina blinked. "What?"

Gretchen started fidgeting. "Y-you're wearing sweatpants. It's not F-Friday today."

Regina frowned. "Wait, but those rules weren't real."

"They were real the day I wore a vest..." Karen mumbled.

"Because that vest was absolutely disgusting."

"You can't sit with us!" Gretchen snapped, then recoiled.

Regina glared at her. "Gretchen, these sweatpants are all that fits me now. What else am I gonna wear?"

Instead of responding, Gretchen turned to me. "Cady, what do you think?"

I inwardly panicked. Why am I the one who has to make a decision? But then again, Gretchen is weak and fragile. She would never stand up to Regina. Neither will Karen. Lately, Regina hasn't been really nice to me and them, but that's all because of her stress right? Besides, she really does have nothing else to wear since she gained a few pounds.

But, Janis has told me several times that Regina couldn't be trusted.

And, she took back Aaron when she clearly knew I liked him, not to mention cheating on him almost instantly after.

"Cady?" Gretchen looked at me. That's when I realized they were waiting for my answer."

Guess it's now or never. "You heard her Regina. Rules are rules."

Regina sent me a look that could wilt a flower to the ground. "Fine." She took her lunch tray and left. "TAKE A PICTURE LOSERS! IT WILL LAST LONGER!". People started chattering.

Gretchen gasped. "She left! She actually left!" She looked down at her hands. "She actually left..."

Karen stared at me, wide eyed. "I can wear what I want now!"

Gretchen squealed. "I can't believe that actually happened! You stood up to her! That's so... so-"

"Fetch?" I grinned.

"Yes!" She hugged me.

"We're finally free!" Karen put on a vest, presumably the one Regina hated.

A lot of the other people in the cafeteria started cheering and celebrating. Amidst all the chaos, Regina came back.

"I forgot this." She picked up her bag.

I crossed my arms. "Look, I'm sorry that this had to happen."

Regina snorted. "Really now? Enjoy the attention while it lasts."

I looked at her in disbelief. "But, you made these rules Regina! You're supposed to follow them like we do!"

Regina ignored what I said. "It's fine for you, new hair, new skirt, It's fine..."

She went up to me and hissed in my ear. "'Till someone gets hurt."

She left once again, leaving me confused.

Veronica's POV

The day after the talent show, everybody was talking about the hilariously funny failure that involved Regina's skirt falling off while dancing. Instagram was littered with countless memes and pictures of Regina's butt looking like it ate up her underwear. Gross, but true. Besides that, there were also posts of Gretchen's face when Regina stepped on her and posts of Karen seemingly falling asleep standing up while all the chaos was happening. The Heathers, JD, and Janis were simply ecstatic to see Regina being mocked. I had to admit, it did feel rather satisfying. The blonde had a taste of her own medicine.