Chapter 8

Hermione was used to being an only child. She never even imagined what it would be like to have a sibling. But now, that Percy is most likely her half brother? How is she supposed to react? "It's not certain yet, though, right?" Hermione asked, but the three people in front of her were not listening. They were all staring at something above Hermione's head, their mouths open. Hermione looked up, but it disappeared as soon as it came. "What was that?" She asked, curiously. "Hermione, Poseidon has just claimed you as his daughter." Chiron announced, and Hermione dropped her crossed arms to her sides. She turned to Percy. "Well... hey... brother?" She tried. Percy was astonished. He already found out that he had a half brother, who was a Cyclopes, named Tyson. And now he had a sister? It was a lot to take in. "Well, this means Hermione will stay in the Poseidon cabin with you and Tyson." Annabeth stated. "Tyson?" Hermione asked, raising her eyebrows. "Cyclopes. Also our half brother." Percy replied. "Oh, that's cool!" Hermione exclaimed. She had never met a Cyclopes before. She had read bad things about the creatures before, but she wasn't one to judge a book by its cover. And plus, if Tyson was so threatening, why would he be staying at this camp designed to protect demigods? "Well, you two can show Hermione around camp. Even teach her some skills if you'd like." Chiron smiled, as we all nodded and walked out of "The Big House".