Chapter 9

As they gave Hermione a tour, everyone continued to stare. "Why are they staring?" Hermione quietly asked. "Word got around about you. Everyone has been expecting you." Annabeth replied. Hermione rolled her eyes. "Can they at least try to act civil?" Percy chuckled. "Doubt it."

As they approached the sword fighting area, a creature that was half goat, half man came rushing over. "Hey Goatboy." Annabeth smiled, before giving him a hug. "Hey Grover." Percy said, giving him a "bro hug". "Who's this?" Grover asked, eyeing Hermione with interest. "This is Hermione. You know, the half witch half demigod?" Annabeth whispered. "That's a beautiful name." Grover smiled. "Don't get any ideas, man. She's my half sister." Percy warned. Hermione chuckled. "I see you've already got that protective brother thing going?" Percy narrowed his eyes at her. Grover's jaw dropped. "You are the daughter of Poseidon? Poseidon has another kid? YOU are that kid? Percy, do you know what this means?" Percy sighed. "Yeah. I know what it means." Hermione furrowed her eyebrows. "What are you talking about?" Annabeth then took in a deep breath. "There is a prophecy. It states that a child of Zeus, Hades, or Poseidon will either save Olympus, or destroy it. Before we knew about you, There were only two possible people the prophecy could be talking about. Percy, son of Poseidon. Or Nico, son of Hades. But now that you are here, you are one of the possible people the prophecy could be talking about." Hermione tried to take in this new information. "I decided I wanted the prophecy to be about me. Nico is way too young, to have to worry about something this huge. But now that you are here, it could be either of us." Percy explained. "So, there's no possible chance it is Nico?" Hermione asked. "No. I will not allow it." Percy declared. "It is possible Percy-" Annabeth started, but was caught off when Percy shot her a death glare.

"Well, let's get our minds off this touchy subject. Lets teach Hermione to sword fight." Grover suggested, and everyone happily agreed.