4: The Greys

Your POV

I looked at the carriage that carried my mother and father away. Sigh, I hope this gets over quickly. I really just want to stay at home and relax, not to deal with this engagement at the moment.

Yes, I did say engagement. I am currently being married off to one of the sons of the current earl of the house Grey.

"My lady. Shall we now head inside?" I looked at a maid that was not familiar to me. Hmm, she must be from this household.

"Yes, lead the way." Sebastian replies to her in my stead. I raised my eyebrow at him. I guess that he meant what he said when he will be an effective butler to me. In all honesty, this was the first time Sebastian was under direct orders from me. I smirked.

Maybe I'll have a little fun and mess with him a little.

The maid led us inside. I had to say. The Earl's manor is quite nice. We were met with the current earl and two if his sons along with two other maids.

The Earl Grey had a smile that almost reached his eyes. This man was quite handsome. You couldn't even tell that he was forty even though his hair was white. Well he did have white hair and white lashes from the very beginning. "Welcome dear (FN). Lovely finally having you come here to visit us." I returned his smile and bowed. "Thank you Lord Charles Grey. It is truly an honor that you have invited me over to discuss about the engagement."

He waved his hand. "Please, call me uncle Charles. Or rather, Father Charles, if you would like."

He looked over his shoulder and called over his two sons to come meet me. "Now, Carl and Harold, meet (FN) Phantomhive, the only daughter of Ciel Phantomhive and Elizabeth Midford-Phantomhive. She will become the wife of one of you two." Then he turns to look at me again. "(FN), these are my two sons, Carl Grey, my oldest, and Harold Grey, my youngest."

I had eyed them carefully, trying not to be too rude while examining their faces.

Both of them had white hair as well. Practically the same shade of white as their father's. They really did look alike as if they were twins. The only thing that would truly set them apart is the color of their eyes and their hairstyles. Carl had white orbs for eyes while Harold had Silver or Gray misty colored ones. Carl's hair was a bit long that it ended to his shoulders and he had bangs (A/N: picture Haku's hair from Spirited away but it's color white). Meanwhile, Harold had long straight hair that ended to his mid back.(A/N: now picture him with Bardwin's hair from Still the World is Beautiful but it's also color white).

I politely bowed to them. "A pleasure to meet your acquaintances my lords." Carl Grey smiled at me and held my hand. "The pleasure is all mine, my lovely (FN)." Then he kissed the back of it.

A shiver ran down my spine at the gesture but I still tried to pull a smile. The other one, Harold held my hand when Carl had let me go. He smiled at me as well but he was slightly embarrassed. "I'm sorry for not being as quick as my brother over there to be by your side before he did, but I'll be sure to do something bolder than what he had done." He whispers to my ear.

Then I felt a pair of lips on the side of my cheek as he pulled my hand back to bring me closer to him.

I could feel my ears heating up a little as he backed away from me, giving me a small smile. I could feel the eyes of Sebastian at the back of my head but I paid it no mind.

"Pulling out stunts like those already ey? Both are you are quite participative in trying to win the young lady's heart. Glad to see the spirit boys." Their father laughs heartily.

Sebastian bowed. "Yes, quite wonderful to see you both interested in my master's daughter, but please do not do anything that will make my young mistress uncomfortable." He says to the two men in front of me, quite politely but was actually trying to warn the two without being rude, seeing that they were nobles that servants should not talk back to.

Charles' smile faded a little but didn't vanish. "Ah, Sebastian. What a pleasant surprise. I completely forgot about you. I see that you were the one chosen to accompany my future daughter-in-law. I never thought that I would be finally seeing you without your master by your side." Sebastian just gave him a fake smile.

"Yes, my lord. My master, Ciel Phantomhive, had given me this assignment for the meantime. My master and his wife are only out for a little while to talk in another important meeting with another investor. Not to worry though my lord, for my master shall also be arriving here later to finalize the plans about the engagement." He replied.

"Around about what time will he be arriving?" Charles asked him, although a little cautiously.

Sebastian shifted his position a little. "Around almost dinner, my lord. Not unless you have not planned to have us for the evening?" Sebastian smiled at him, but I know he was actually trying to mock him. As you can see, from what I have heard, Sebastian had a little butler rivalry with Charles Grey to see who was the best butler. Charles Grey was the butler of her majesty after all.

I held a fan just right under my nose to hide the amusement I was feeling from their conversation.

Charles' face turned a bit sour. "But of course Sebastian. I actually have prepared a dinner for the Phantomhive's visit. I would be embarrassing myself that I once called myself the queen's butler yet I could not be prepared for any event that might come."

I can already see the bloodlust between the two butlers and Charles' sons had an amused face, indicating that they would not stop the two from fighting because it might be interesting to look at it unfold.

I sigh and close the fan I was holding. "That is quite enough gentlemen. You do not want to fight in front of a lady, would you?"

They looked at me and looked at each other. They finally calmed down and The Earl Grey smiled at me again. "I'm sorry about that dear. Let's head to the garden shall we? I had the maids prepare some snacks for you. I heard you like (Favorite pastry) and (favorite tea)?"

I was slightly touched by the gesture that he made sure to know my favorite food and drink during tea time at a garden. "Yes, that is true. How kind of you to spend a little of your time to know that dear uncle."

He shook his head. "Actually, it was Harold's idea. So do not thank me at all." I looked at Harold and gave him a smile of appreciation and a small curt nod. "Thank you."

"My pleasure."

Now...let's begin this meeting, shall we?

---------A/N---------

I actually just edited their surnames from Gray to Grey because I just noticed that I had it wrong. That is the only edit in this chapter and the next one. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Vote!

Comment!

Share!

Lots of love~~~

-Mick <3