6: Will You Have a Duel With Me, Earl?

Your POV

Placing my palms on the flat surface of the table, I stood up from the chair I sat on.

Nobody messes with my father! No one messes with (FN) Phantomhive!

"The Earl of the house Grey, I challenge you to a duel in fencing." I grinned at the man who was taken aback at my sudden declaration. "Why so?" He asks me eagerly, very willing to listen.

I smiled at him sweetly. "Well, you see, I really came here to stop the small feud between my family and yours, by accepting this marriage. However, I cannot accept the insults that are being directed at my father. Are you sure you want the alliance between our two houses, with that attitude and those comments? I truly think not." I looked at him testingly.

"Are you perhaps afraid to challenge me in a duel, Earl Grey?"

I really don't like it when my father is insulted in front of me, at all! How does he hope to form an alliance if he cannot even keep his thoughts to himself about my father? Yes, my father can be cruel, mysterious, and tends to be very secretive at times, but who could blame him? He was humiliated, defiled, tortured. He never had even done anything wrong when those people had kidnapped him and done him wrongdoings. He just got used to that kind of nature.

But I won't tolerate any insults flung at him.

"Oh dear, of course not. Rather, I'm afraid to hurt you." I cocked my head a little to the side. And now he's underestimating me? This man really knows how to push my buttons.

I extended my arm to Sebastian's front. "I'll take that as a challenge accepted then. Do not worry, I can take care of myself." Then I commanded Sebastian over my shoulder. "Bring me my sword."

Harold stood up frantically and was followed by Carl, that was a little bit calmer. "Wait, you two can't be serious! Father, don't accept the challenge. It is not necessary!" Harold pleaded.

His father looked at me blankly, making me furrow my eyebrows at the next words he spoke. "I never did accept your challenge, young one." My arm fell to my side. "Excuse me?"

"I said, I never accepted your challenge from the beginning. I refuse to accept it. I will not comply to your childish request." I scoffed at his choice of words, placing a hand on my hip. "How boring. You can't even entertain me enough or at least change my mind." Then I turned around.

"The wedding is off, I guess. I have no interest in people who can't amuse me." Before I was able to leave, a hand grabbed my arm, rather tightly might I add.

"You can't just call it off. What will your parents think? That their daughter can't even handle such small provocations?" It was the Earl, eyes gleaming with anger.

Another hand was on my arm but a little gentler.

"Please do not put your grip on my Lady. I will not tolerate any harm that will come her way." Sebastian said to the Earl, politely but it also him not to test him.

I shrugged off their hands and turned to face the Earl. "Do not think that I have no idea what this marriage is truly about, Earl Grey. I know that the queen has only requested this of you because she wants my father to stay as an asset, in capturing people she wants to be captured and in collecting valuable information you people cannot attain yourselves." I smirked. "This marriage is only beneficial to the queen, yet you cannot deny her of her request. I know how dear the queen still is to you, even you are no longer her personal butler/ secretary." I continue.

His eyes were wide and I looked at his two sons that were shocked to learn the truth. They never knew, as expected. "My father only agreed to this, since he still has a lot of respect for her majesty and since it was a good opportunity to make me marry someone who has power." I giggled lightly. "Don't get him wrong, he's only into this since he wants me safely married to people with the power to protect me. How could he pass up this opportunity?"

Sebastian was now beside me, ready for an order. I looked back at the Earl and gave him a challenging stare. "What do you say, Earl Grey? Still think that I can't be able to handle myself? Maybe the duel will convince you otherwise."

The Earl looked at me cautiously and crossed his arms. "If I win, we proceed with the marriage and you will no longer say anything to object about it."

I grinned. "If I win, the wedding is off. And you can tell her majesty that you have failed in giving her what she wanted." His face was covered in worry and hesitation at first but he shrugged it off. "Okay."

I felt a little giddy and jumped up and down a little. I couldn't contain my excitement. I was finally going to fight someone who is rumored to be so strong, that his abilities were what let him gain a position as the queen's personal bodyguard. I haven't been able to fight someone strong in like, forever!

I turned to face Sebastian and he could clearly see the excitement in my face. Well who wouldn't? My face was probably tinted with pink, a bit of sweat on my forehead, and my breathing became irregular on my wide smile. "Please bring Pierce, to me. I can't wait to duel with the Earl!" He blushed a little, a bit shocked at the emotion I was displaying. He was a bit flustered but composed himself again and bowed to me. "Right away, my lady."

I couldn't blame him if he would find my expression strange. I only showed this expression to my parents and this was only seen in such rare occasions. Ones that get me overly excited by danger.

Yes, I like the danger sometimes. It makes me feel alive, giddy, and excited! I love the feeling!

(A/N: You're basically a danger seeker, despite your smartness. You get overly excited about the thought of fighting strong enemies and/or dangerous situations. I'm sorry I made you guys this way XD But don't worry, it makes Sebastian flustered and finds it cute ;)

It's been a while since I held Pierce in my hands. I kind of missed it. It was a sword my mother gave me for my 10th birthday, since she knew I wanted to have a personalized sword for fencing. My father didn't like the idea, but he saw that I loved it so much that he let me keep it. It was very pretty, with its shiny (FC) and gold with silver handle and intricate flowery designs, as it could almost cut anything down with enough strength put to it. But the best thing it had for me was that it's sharp silvery and shiny blade, had a very pointy end. Thus, it earned the name Pierce.

Ever since I received Pierce, I could never leave without it. It made me feel safe.

We were moved to the fencing hall inside their house and Sebastian finally came back with Pierce.

"Are you ready, (FN) Phantomhive?" The Earl asked me as he pointed his blade in my direction.

Before I grabbed Pierce in my hand, I took off the lower part of my dress, leaving me in my underdress and the upper part of the dress. Yes, I tore it off, but I really didn't mind. I know Sebastian can patch it up for me later.

They looked at me, blushes on their faces. Sebastian avoided looking at me and hovered a hand on the lower part of his face. Even the Earl was flustered but quickly composed himself. I raised an eyebrow at them. "What? You can't think that I can fight properly with this long dress, can you?"

"A-ah yes. That is reasonable. But please, a little warning before you do that again." I chuckled at the Earl's response and then winked at the four men. "No promises there." I grabbed Pierce and stances myself, ready for the go signal to begin the duel.

"Shall we begin?"

--------------------A/N Time--------------------

Comment down below who you think, should win!
If no one does, then I'll choose by default XD which depends on my mood when I write the next chapter.

Thank you for 20 reads!

Vote!

Comment!

Share!

Lots of love~~~

-Mick <3