Chapter 12

"Mom what are you talking?" I semi yelled getting up from my seat.

"What's the matter beta?" She asked looking at me confused.

"I'm still married if you don't remember." I said lowering my voice.

"I know beta but he will be giving you divorce and you no longer will be married." She said and I could feel my heart breaking.

"But still the divorce papers aren't ready." I whispered.

Neither am I.

"So what? The papers will be ready whenever they should be till then can't I search for a good boy for you?" She said smiling at me while I looked at her feeling myself breaking.

Without uttering any other word I left from there. I sat down on my bed and that's when I noticed Farheen who had followed me.

"Farheen?" I called out to her who was near the door.

"Di." She said and ran towards me hugging me tight.

"What's the matter bacha?" I asked her caressing her hair.

"I don't want you to divorce jeej." She said and I myself felt a thousand of emotions.

"He is good di. Being with him makes me feel as if I have a big brother. He makes me feel protected." She said and I couldn't help but smile at her innocence.

"You know the day of our shopping, he gave me 10,000 rupees for shopping and said that I can ask anything from him because I was just like his younger sister." She said and I was shocked at the piece of information that was hidden from me.

"And you did not say this to me why?" I asked her taking her look at me.

"Because he said that it was our little secret. Di jeej is a nice person I don't know why mom dad are acting this way but I can see his love for you." She said and my breathing hitched.

Love?

"Farheen go to your room." I said standing up and walking towards the window.

"I'm seriously telling you di. He loves you very much and I know that you love him too and that's clear in your eyes." She said and walked away leaving me in dilemma.

Does he really love me?

No he doesn't love me. He was just acting in front of Farheen.

"And what about you?" My inner voice whispered and before I could ponder over it I was called by mom.

Walking out my room I found my cousin Faiz talking to my mom.

"Assalamualaikum." I greeted him smiling at him.

"Walaikumassalam appi." He greeted me back and smiled at me.

Even though he was younger to me and Farheen both, he looked elder. He had a strong physique. He was matured enough for the people of his age.

"How have you been?" He asked me and before I could reply Farheen joined us.

"How about an ice cream?" Farheen said grinning at Faiz. He smirked and nodded his head while my mom shook his head.

"You both enjoy, I'm not feeling well." I said and the smile on their face fell.

"You have to join us." Faiz said and before I could even say no I looked at Farheen who was giving me a pleading look.

"Okay, let me get my bag." I said and after we were ready we left.

Faiz drove for car while I sat besides him. The whole time Faiz and Farheen talked about his college while I tried concentrating but failed.

"Ladies, we have reached our destination." Faiz brought me out of my thoughts and I looked out to see we have reached.