Chapter 25

I re-read his message a wave of confusion itching me.

"He was fine just a minute ago." I whispered to myself and walked outside the venue even though I had just reached in.

"Safa where are you going?" Rida asked me making her way inside.

"Where were you?" I asked her.

"I was with Rehan." She said and I nodded my head.

"Where is he now?" I asked her and she looked at me in confusion.

"He went home." She said looking at my worried eyes.

"He went home too?" I asked her and she nodded her head.

"Yeah, he got a call from Saif." She said and I raised my eyebrow at her.

"He got a call from Saif to go home?" I asked her and she nodded her head.

"Something is not right." I whispered to myself.

"What's wrong? Something happened?" Rida asked and I could see her stressed out.

"No nothing's wrong you go inside. If someone asks about me tell them she had some work so she left." I said to her and quickly left.

I ran outside and was about to call Faiz to take me home when I saw Saif running out.

"Saif!?" I exclaimed running to him. He was breathless with his face pale. I could see the amount of sweat covering his body.

"You are shivering." I said when I felt him move.

"T-Take m-me ho-home." His voice was barely audible but I heard him.

I nodded my head at him and quickly typed Faiz's number with my own hands, shivering.

"Faiz can you come out?" I asked and he replied with an okay without asking anything for which I was glad.

"What happened?" I asked him wiping his face with my dupatta but he did not say anything except for breathing heavily.

"Yes dar.... Ya Allah what happened!? He exclaimed the moment his eyes landed on Saif.

"Take us home. He isn't feeling well." I said and he quickly ran to get the car.

"Don't worry everything will be alright." I said rubbing his back.

"Do-Don't lea-lea.... " He was shivering so bad that he couldn't complete his statement.

"I'm not leaving you. Now stay calm." I said understanding his words.

"Get in the car." Faiz said opening the car door for us. I made Saif enter the car and I made him sleep.

I was about to close the door when he hurriedly got up and caught hold of my hand.

"I'm sitting in the front." I said assuring him but he shook his head.

"Appi sit with him." Faiz said and I slowly levelled his head and sat down keeping his head on my lap.

The whole ride we were silent while my eyes were fixed on Saif who had his eyes wide open but his shivering wouldn't stop. I was about to look up when I saw a tear running down his left eye. I couldn't help but feel my heart breaking at his tear. I gently wiped his tear while he hugged me. I caressed his hair and before we could knew we had reached home.

"We have reached home." I whispered in his ear and he hurriedly got up and started walking towards the door.

"Faiz if anyone... " I was about to speak when he cut me off,