Chapter 19

Groaning to the pain I got up to see myself wrapped in my husband's embrace. I couldn't help but stare at him. He looked a little worked out. I looked at the time to notice it past 3. I groaned when I felt a pain in my back. I shifted a little closer to him and he pressed me more into him.

I smiled remembering how he took care of my every needs. How he took care of me!

I slowly started caressing his cheek and he moved in his sleep. Scared I closed my eyes and after few seconds, I opened my one eye to see him still asleep. Sighing I slowly and steadily got up with no intention of waking up, I softly pecked his forehead. I pulled away from him to only gasp to see him gazing at me.

I could feel the heat creep up my face. I slowly without making any eye contact lowered myself. I could feel his eyes on me but not daring I closed my eyes but was taking by surprise when he pulled me on top of him.

"What was that?" He asked me with a smirk appearing on his face while my face flushed.

"What?" I asked looking at his chest while he tighten his arms around my waist.

"How are you feeling?" He asked and I looked at him in his eyes.

"Alhamdulillah better." I whispered and he nodded his head.

"Do you need anything?" He asked nuzzling my neck while I shook my head not able to form words.

"Then why did you wake up?" He asked me while massaging my back.

"Because of the pain." I said slightly feeling the pain in my stomach.

"Where does it hurts?" He asked me.

"Stomach." I said while he made me sleep on the bed and slipped his hand under my shirt.

"What are you doing?" I asked him suddenly surprised on his move.

"Shuusshhh, sleep." He said hushing me while I kept quiet feeling good.

Suddenly remembering something, I asked,

"Can I ask you something?" I could feel him nod his head.

"Were you having any kind of nightmare?" I asked him and I could feel him freeze, because his hand stopped massaging.

He took a sharp intake of breath.

"Why do you think?" He asked and I could feel the change in his voice.

"I felt." I said waiting for his answer but none came. I did not bring that topic again realising, if he wanted to tell he would have. But he did not and that thing pained me. I couldn't stop the tears that formed in my eyes from falling.

"Darling?" I heard him but I did not reply.

"Safa?" He called out and turned me around.

"What happened? Why are you crying?" He asked me and I did not wanted to tell him the reason behind my tears so I just shook my head.

"Tell me. Did I do something?" He asked and I so wanted to yell at him but didn't.

"Yes I was having a nightmare." He said sighing while I looked up at him to continue further.

"It's something related to my past that haunts me." He said and before I could open my mouth he said,

"And no I'm not gonna disclose it." I nodded my head giving him his space.
"You girls are so dramatic." He said and I raised my eyebrow at him.

"What?" He asked looking at me.

"Girls?" I asked stretching the word while glaring at him and he giggled.