Chapter 7: A Matter of Trust

Sonya aims for the effectiveness from the other wanders she has around the Tower. She walks among them with such steadiness and solidness that the world is bestowed below her feet. She chants a smile across her lips, leading them to know that she appreciates their hard work and their efforts. She smashes her glistening pitch hair from making contact with her impeccable countenance. The pullover and kilt polished in such exquisiteness that evolutions her into authority. Maybe even royalty itself.

But in reality, all Sonya cares about is bringing those upon her more suffering. I can tell by her blazing amber eyes that quickens on every task she seeks to uncover. Every Morlock she seeks to destroy. The corpses she discredits and thrusts upon her feet. The night that she infiltrated Niflheim and taught the townspeople that she was not another mortal to be messed with.
She is the mortal. In flesh and bone.
And she was willing to go as far as beyond everything to make sure that Morlocks ceased to exist.

Sonya re-directs herself to the door system area where a tall and dignified mistress awaits her.
"Your Majesty." She bows to her. Her bright-upon eyes lightening up by her sudden appearance. "What can I assist you with? Everything is under control as you can see."
Sonya nods, her obsidian successive frontline swirling across her neck. "Thank you for your assurance. I'm sure you are all working very hard."

Sonya quickens a smile across her lips but hastily dismisses it. She paces around the chamber motionlessly and turns back to the woman. Her charcoal cloak making clear that this was the labs room. The room where it all happens.
The avenue where the best of the best put their capacities to the test. Locating Morlocks, planting next level tech, creating new tools. This is where it is.
The madness.

Sonya clears her throat. "There is one thing I do need from you, Ms..." she fixes her gaze upon the cloak and focuses on the nametag she's wearing. "Ms. Walker." She beams. Sonya watches as the woman nods substantially. "Anything for you, Your Grace."
She's a queen here. They address her like someone who is of higher authority. Who demands and makes the orders without earning it properly. Sonya composes a small grin. "I will need you to clear the room as I need to assign some tasks for the next few days. And I need all the space and tranquility that I can get." She adds as she smiles upon the computer specialists.

The woman, quickened, nods with anxiety as if Sonya enhances her despair. "Of course, Miss Zade." The woman snaps her fingers to signal the others as they all immediately leave the room. Sonya wanders across the room curiously and presses on the bottoms that are below one of the computers. The room is filled with halo and the atmosphere is unlike what it is on Niflheim. Nothing is like it is back there.

"Shit." She mumbles as she presses the disable doorways button and a password window pops up. She presses her lips together trying to gather her thoughts. "Hands in the air where I can see them!" One of the guards approaches behind Sonya. A blaster so colossal that could break anyone with just one shot.

She takes a deep breath and turns back to him. His breath advances in angst as he drops the gun back to position. "My apologies, Your Grace. I did not know it was you down here so late at night..." he whispers as his face drops to the surface.
"Oh dear, no need to get hostile on me." she smiles in between her teeth as she takes full gaze of the weapon he's holding.
"I'm sorry, Your Majesty. Just following your orders thoroughly." He declares.
"Worry not. An order is an order."
"Indeed." He conveys. The uniform, an exact replica of the guards that we took out outside. They act like robots. Like Sonya is some kind of God to them.
A savior. Is she?

The guard fixes his gaze and stares upon the screen behind Sonya. "Are you trying to unlock the doors?"
Sonya shouts a beam of concern in her eyes but quickly dismisses it. "My, yes. Do you by any chance remember the code? I don't know where my head is these days. Must be all the work, right?" She hastily grins.
The officer baffles at her and then looks straight into her brown sockets. "Sonya never forgets her codes..." He declares.
The guard draws his gun upward and points it at Sonya firmly. This time with such precision and ready to draw it if provoked. "Who the fuck are you?"
Sonya aims her hands up to surrender, almost thinking that she's screwed.
We're screwed.