Chapter Two

Well, this turned out really well. All he wanted to do was spend a quiet night in front of the television. Was that too much to ask? Instead he was curled up on the floor, surrounded by people who looked like something out of a crime drama and he had a gun pointing to his face. Oh and the person holding the gun just happened to be the most beautiful person he had ever seen. He knew his life was pretty dull, but this wasn't what he had in mind when he wished for a bit more excitement.

Whilst Lucas was daydreaming about the handsome guy, he didn't notice a full out fight going in around him. Once he snapped out of his thoughts, Lucas quickly uncurled himself and knelt to take in his surroundings. There were people on the floor, slurs being thrown about and he could hear the sounds of flesh meeting flesh. The panic started to set back in. Think rationally Lucas. The thugs are distracted, you can run away now. So Lucas managed to push himself up, his ribs groaning in protest.

"Great" he muttered to himself, realising that they was a possibility it was broken, if not very badly bruised. He really couldn't afford to go to the hospital right now. He managed to hobble away and break into a run away from the alley when someone grabbed him by the collar and yanked him back. He was thrown back to the ground and forced onto his knees. Lucas tried to twist to see who had grabbed him, but an arms wrapped around his neck and held his head in a lifted postion. Lucas winced at the whiplash but tried not to complain, his instincts telling him that his whining would not be tolerated. Lucas was forced to watch the fight play out. He saw the three thugs that beat him up slowly being beaten themselves. One was already down, the other two were losing.

Lucas saw the beautiful stranger and watched him, slightly in awe. The black leather jacket was slightly oversized and hung off his tall slender frame. His long legs were covered by tight black jeans and ok maybe Lucas spent a bit too long looking at how tight they were around his ass. He was a teenage boy with raging hormones, it was an involuntary action even in his time of crisis. He had a sort of snarl on his face as he let punch after the punch rain down on his victim.

A flash of silver caught the corner of Lucas's eye and he turned slightly and saw a silver blade glinting. He gasped as the thug raised the knife and brought it down to slash the leaders back.

"Boss!" A deep voice shouted, coming from the guy who was holding Lucas down.

The handsome man turned quickly and deflected the knife that was coming his way. He kicked the guy in the knees and pushed him to the floor. He picked up the knife and pocketed it.

"If you or your pathetic bunch of filth ever come near our territory again, I swear to God you'll regret it. Now take that as a final warning" he growled, before kicking him one final time. Him and the two other scuttled away, clearly as terrified as Lucas felt.

Lucas gulped as the man turned around to face Lucas. His stormy eyes met Lucas's baby blue, his pupils dilated in pure anger.

"Good job Demaury"

"You got them good sir" he heard, whispers getting lost amongst the bloody rushing through his head and the loud heartbeat drumming in his ears. So this was the 'Demaury' those thugs were asking him about. Wait. If the other gang were looking for him, then that meant- oh shit. Lucas was in trouble. What had he walked into?

The stranger took slow steps towards Lucas, looking like a lion eyeing up his prey. One of the guys yanked Lucas up to stand, Idris he think he heard his name being thrown about. Lucas was visibly trembling as the leader towered over him. All the softness and beauty Lucas had seen before was gone, all that was left was an ice cold stare. Lucas had never felt smaller than he did in that moment.

"He's seen your face boss"

Lucas's heart dropped to his stomach. He'd seen his face. That meant that him being alive put their identity at risk. That meant that he was more useful to them dead. That meant that-. No. No no no. Say something Lucas! Beg for your life! But no words would come out. He was defenceless, vulnerable, at the mercy of this intimidating stranger who for some reason made Lucas's heart stop. All he could hear was his shallow breaths as he felt himself slowly drowning, sinking to the bottom of the ocean with a heavy feeling settling on his chest.