Chapter Three

As it turned out, they didn't kill Lucas. Not yet anyway. Instead they yanked him up and dragged him away. The other guys were all a lot taller than Lucas and could take bigger strides, so Lucas was stumbling over his own feet trying to keep up with them, otherwise they would have to literally drag him across the pavement. They pushed him into the back of a very nice car and told him to shut up and sit still. He supposed he should be grateful they didn't tie him up or anything. As Lucas sank into the seat, he noticed just how nice this car really was. It had plush leather seats and a sleek black interior. This was not the type of car he expected a gang leader to have, but maybe he was more of a mafia businessman than a common gang leader. Somehow, that didn't make Lucas feel any better.

Lucas felt movement next to him and sharply twisted his head to check for the threat. His eyes almost fell out of his head when he saw him sliding into the seat next to him. He looked even better up close. SNAP OUT OF IT LUCAS. He screamed to himself, willing himself to stop fantasising about a guy who could be plotting his death this second. The man was tapping away on his phone, not seeming at all concerned that he had a teenager in the back of his car who he was essentially kidnapping. He looked like he'd done this before. Shit.

"E-excuse me" Lucas managed to stutter out, his hands shaking with nerves.
They all completely ignored him, acting as if he hadn't even spoken.
"Can I please go home now?" Lucas whispered, praying they would just let him go.
"How far until we get there Sof" the stranger asked one of the two men in the front seats.
"I'd say five minutes or so Sir"
"W-where are you taking m-me"
"You'll see" was the only reply Lucas got.

About seven minutes later, (yes Lucas was counting the seconds), the car pulled to a stop outside a very nice set of apartments. They were the kind that Lucas and Yann used to walk past and stare at in wonder. The kind that looked like it was from a tv advert. The kind Lucas could only dream of. Lucas's door opened and he was interrupted from his daydreaming once again. Someone grabbed his arm and pulled him out of the car. He was forced up the steps and was surrounded by the two guys behind and Demaury in front. He followed them up into the apartment and his eyes widened when they stepped inside. It was beautiful. It was clearly the penthouse apartment and everything was sleek and smooth. The kitchen top was made of marble, the tv screen filled an entire wall and the view overlooked the whole of Paris. There was even a piano in the corner. Lucas just stared in amazement, his fear and panic disappearing for a split second.

"We'll be off then boss"
"Tomorrow morning, eight o clock Idris"
"Are you sure you can take care of the kid yourself Eli?"
"Yes Sofi, all will be taken care of"
Eli. So that must be his name. But what was it short for? Elias? Elijah? Lucas was getting more intrigued the more he found out about the mysterious stranger. Although he knew he should be terrified, there was something oddly comforting about him. Despite his icy glare and cold demeanour, Lucas sensed a sort of warmth that radiated from him. He didn't feel scared like he should. He felt... safe. He barely noted that the two were alone, before he opened his mouth.
"What am I doing here?" Nothing.
"What are you going to do with me?" Nothing.
"Are you going to kill me?" Still nothing. This was getting ridiculous.
The stranger turned around and turned his eyes to Lucas.
"The fridge is there, help yourself to whatever you want. The bedroom is the second door to your left, go sleep if you want. I'll be back shortly, I have some business to attend to"
Without saying anything else, he walked out the door and clicked the lock. What the hell just happened? Lucas felt his legs begin to give way so he fell backwards into the sofa. In the space of two hours, his whole life had just changed. One moment he was a normal kid on his way home, ready for a night in of binging tv and eating ice cream. The next moment, he's in a penthouse apartment that looks like some sort of celebrity should be living here, he was mixed up in some sort of gang war, and to top it off, he was sharing an apartment with the most beautiful man he had ever seen, who may or may not want to kill him.

Lucas's eyes flitted to the closed door one final time as his mind focused back onto the person who had just walked out of the door.
Who are you? And what do you want with me?