Chapter Six

It had been a week since THAT incident. Lucas had never considered himself the paranoid type, but ever since Eliott had told him that he'd have people watching him all the time, Lucas felt constantly on edge. Every time he walked to the bus stop, he could swear he saw glimpses of a black car that seemed to follow him around every corner. Across the street, he'd catch a glimpse of a familiar black leather jacket, but then when he focused it was gone. When he was at home, he swears there's somebody lurking outside his apartment even though he can't see anybody from his window. It made him feel on edge and Lucas didn't like it. It had even got to a point where he thought there was a secret camera hidden in the bookcase or something. He was searching for over an hour, scanning every inch of the apartment before he stopped himself and realised how ridiculous he was being. He was an almost grown adult man, searching his apartment like some sort of paranoid victim out of a cringey spy movie.

"Fuck this, I need a night off" Lucas said to himself, throwing all caution to the wind.

He pulled his phone out and loaded up the group chat.

Le Gang

Lulu – Guys, I'm in serious need of a night out

Yann – he lives!

Arthur – we thought someone had kidnapped you and was holding you for ransom

Lulu – why didn't you ring the police, I could have been in real danger

Baz – I don't want to get involved in some weird mafia war, I'm too pretty to die

Arthur – that's the least of your worries Baz

Yann – anyway a night out sounds good

Lulu – I need to get absolutely off my face

Baz – that is the best idea you've had all year Lulu

Arthur – Friday night?

Yann – predrinks at mine?

Lulu – I'm down

Arthur – sounds good to me

Baz – I'm so going to get laid

Lulu – You'd need a miracle for that to happen mec

Yann – even Lucas has more game than you Baz

Arthur – we'll find you somebody nice

Baz – you're all nasty, I don't even know why we're friends

Lulu – love you

Lucas laughed as he shut his phone. He loved his friends he really did. And he really needed to get drunk. Like proper drunk. He wanted to be able to forget all this shit that had happened. And he also needed to get Eliott out of his head. He was bad news. Lucas sighed and glanced towards his window. He could have sworn he saw movement.

"You're going insane now Lucas" he muttered to himself as he turned over and fell asleep.

Friday night finally rolled around after a long week of catching up on assignments, being bored out of his mind and checking over his shoulder every 15 seconds to check nobody was following him. All in all it was a great week. The boys had had predrinks at Yann's and were pleasantly tipsy. Not enough to be out of control but enough to feel the warm buzz that ran through their bodies. The four boys entered the club and were immediately swallowed up by hundreds of people. Lucas had no idea there were this many people here, but he really didn't mind. It gave him a chance to completely let loose and forget about HIM. Him and Yann went to the bar to get the first round of drinks in. They got a beer each and eight shots of vodka and tequila. They were going to let loose tonight.