chapter four

04 ; MAHOGANY

04 ; MAHOGANY

Loosen your corset and have a drink yourself, Effie.

𝐇𝐚𝐲𝐦𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐀𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐲

────────────────────

IT DIDN'T TAKE long for the Peacekeepers to open the door and get me out of the room. My tears luckily already dried on my cheeks, leaving me look emotionless and cold, which I wanted them to think.

I got dragged out of the Justice Hall into a car which I shortly after left to board a train at the station of District 12, I might add I've never been in a train. Most of Panem's citizens are not authorized to travel by train unless they are reaped for the Hunger Games, as travel between the districts is forbidden except for officially sanctioned duties. All Districts have at least one train station where trains stop to load and unload their cargos, or transport tributes to their deaths in the Capitol.

I don't spot Peeta anywhere, asuming he's already in the train. I board the train, luckily the Peacekeepers stay in District 12, but I'm not alone for long.

"Get going, my dear! We're already waiting!" Effie squeaked in her strong Capital accent and walks quickly in her heels through the long corridor. I follow her, when suddenly the train begins to move. I hold still for a few seconds to look out the window, saying goodbye to twelve before continuing to follow Effie.

The door opens automatically, which leads us into a room with a very plush and expensive design, featuring polished paneled walls, mahogany tables and a variety of foods and refreshments. I've never seen so much food before.

I've been distracted so I didn't notice Peeta already sitting at a table. His plate is full of food, but he didn't touch his plate yet, I asume Effie told him to wait till I arrive.

Me and Effie join Peeta at the table. I take in my surroundings before I break the silence.

"Are we waiting for someone?"