chapter thirteen

13 ; INTERVIEWS

13 ; INTERVIEWS

Spicy! I love it, I love it!

─ 𝐂𝐚𝐞𝐬𝐚𝐫 𝐅𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧          

────────────────────

"Ladies and Gentlemen, our master of ceremonies Caesar Flickerman!"

THE SOUND OF a deep, montone and unfamiliar voice annoucing Caesar Flickerman on stage shakes me out of my thoughts about the Games starting tomorrow. Luckily we could watch every interview while we're waiting for our turn to get on stage. There's a large screen showing Caesar in his midnight blue glitter suit and his matching hair sitting in a white chair.

"I can't believe he's human," Peeta whispered to me while standing behind me which left me smiling to myself while Peeta's chuckling fills the whole waiting room. The other tributes including Cato turn their heads to look at us but I couldn't care less in that very moment, I have other things to worry about. For example how to find a conversation on stage with no other but Caesar Flickerman.

The blue haired man stands up once his name is called by the robotic voice, welcoming the crowd while waving to them, earning lots of applause.

"Welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome to the 74th annual Hunger Games!"

The audience cheers even louder this time.

"Seventy-four years, can you believe it's been that long? It's not as long as I've been here that's for sure."

All of us tributes just shake their heads at his comments, only one seems to have the same humor as Caesar and the audience. Glimmer's giggle is just as annoying as she is sadly.

"So our first tribute is from District 1.."

You could hear cheering coming from the crowd once Caesar announces District 1.