chapter seven

07 ; EAGLE WINGS AND LION HEART

She's not falling for the well-known Odair-Charm, keep trying

𝐏𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐚 𝐌𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐤

────────────────────

THE TRIBUTE  PARADE  was not something I was looking forward to. To be honest, the whole week was full of events I'd rather miss. But I had to face all of it before my upcoming death in the arena. If only Ace was here, he would know what would cheer me up.

A whole week of interviews and performing for the Capitol, but the worst upcoming event is definitely the Parade. I hope Cinna keeps his promise.

The prepteam are doing their work on me for the Tribute Parade while my mind goes back to District 12. I miss spending the whole day in the forbidden forest with Gale, I even miss the dirty coal air back home.

They curl my long dark hair, the smell of hairspray fills the air while they keep on curling my hair to perfection. Cinna told me the prepteam are very fond of me, which includes Flavius who does my hair, Venia who's in charge for the waxing and plucking of my eyebrows and Octavia who does nails and makeup. I was kind of surprised to hear they like me, they've been ignoring my questions all day.

I wish I could see what colours Octavia uses on my eyes. I never wore makeup before so I'm quite worried about getting typical Capitolian colours on my eyes. I took a deep breath; they know what they're doing. I will be fine as long as they don't use green or blue on my eyelids.

Venia paints my fingernails in a burgundy colour, which keeps me guessing that my eye makeup and lipstick will match.

The prepteam leaves the room once the last strand of hair is perfectly curled and set in place, adding all of the hairspray left which makes me cough. I can't stand the smell of it.

"Your costume is right there, precious. Put it on, knock on the door if help is needed!"

Flavius chirped before leaving the room as well, closing it behind him.

A sigh escaped my plum lips before I reached forward to open the wardrobe. I already imagined the worst coal miner costume, but instead a black suit with a long cape is facing me. My fingers run down the special fabric. "Beautiful, thank you Cinna." I whispered to myself, a smile placed on my lips. I start to carefully put the suit on, it fits perfectly but I'm not surprised, Cinna is a pro.

I knock three times on the door so someone could help me with the back of the suit and Octavia is glad to help. She helps me put on the suit before the door opens and Cinna walks in, Flavius and Venia eagerly follow him inside and shut the door behind them.

"Better than a coal miner outfit, am I right?" Cinna smiled brightly, showing his white teeths off before doing doing some retouching on the dress and telling the others to leave the room after he was pleased with their work. "