chapter fourteen

14 ; STARCROSSED LOVERS

Take care, Mellark or she will kill you before the Games even start

─ 𝐂𝐚𝐭𝐨 𝐇𝐚𝐝𝐥𝐞𝐲

────────────────────

EFFIE PULLS ME into a tight hug, telling me how much she loved my performance up there. "I had tears in my eyes when you talked about your life in District 12!"

Haymitch who stands next to her just rolls his light blue eyes before speaking up. "You rocked that, sweetheart. I'm surprised." I smiled at my mentor before pulling him into a hug. "Thank you, Haymitch."

The blonde man hugs me back warmly for my surprise. I pull away only to see him smiling brightly at me. "I'm sorry for our harsh start though, you're not that bad as a Mentor." I winked before all of us started to laugh, taking the attention from the other tributes, mentors and escorts. Haymitch apologizes to me as well and with that my eyes scan the room for no one other than the District 2 boy.

Cato stands with Clove and their team a bit away from all of the others. Cato's mentors talk with him, most probably the subject is still his interview which I think went very well to be honest but they might think otherwise.

"And here is our last tribute, a round of applause for our male tribute from District 12, Peeta Mellark!"

I immediately turn my head to the large screen when I hear Caesar's voice announcing Peeta on stage. My district partner shows up on screen seconds later. He wears a black suit with red details, matching my dress and his hair is slicked back just like Ace wears his hair all the time. He waves to the audience while they scream for him. They already felt in love with his smile, like tons of girls from back home.

"Welcome Peeta, welcome."

Both males take a seat on the opposite of eachother. "So, Peeta how are you finding the Capitol?"

"Uh.. It's different."

The crowd laughs. "Different? Do you have an example?"

"Well, your showers are weird."

The crowd, including Ceasar and Peeta himself start to laugh.

"Showers.. We have different showers." Ceasar repeats, making the crowd even louder.

"Question for you, Ceasar. Do I smell like roses to you?"

The whole audience laughed even louder than before, props to Peeta. Haymitch chuckled as well, Peeta is doing a good job up there.

Ceasar takes a few seconds but then leans closer to Peeta to actually smell him. "Do I smell like it as well?" Caesar then turns tables and Peeta leans closer to the blue haired man. The audience is still laughing.