4| Goodbye

It's the day that Colby and Sam move away. Colby was thinking if he should go or not because of Vee. He knows Vee gonna freak out. It was 7 am now and he was waking up because his flight leaves at 12 pm but he wanted to spend his hours left with Vee before he go.

He groan and wake up. He get cleaned up and went to Vee's bedroom. He lean on her crib and put his arm on the railing. He look at his daughter sleeping peacefully cuddled up with her blanket that she basically drags everywhere she go.

He softly caress her head. She move and slowly open her eyes as she look at Colby. "Hey baby" Colby whisper. She rub her eyes with her little fist then, quickly sit up and stand up holding her arms out "up up" she said making a grabby hand towards him. He picked her up by her armpit and put her on his hip. She put her head in his neck.

"Let's get ready okay?" Colby said kissing her cheek softly. She nodded. He gets her ready with her hair was up in space bun and her outfit was just a red bunny sweatshirt and a short. They both walk down. His parents were already up by this time.

He walk in the kitchen and found his mom cooking some breakfast he greeted "Hey Mom". His mom turn around and say "Hey Colby Hey Vee" smiling. They all sit down on the dining table including his dad. "Hey Vee" His dad greeted Vee. "Hey papa" she said back.

His mom made a pancake for all. Before eats Colby always help cut them up so it would be easier for Vee to eat. After they are done eating Colby help his mom picked up some dishes and put it in the sink. Then help Vee wash her hand. And Sam was coming over so we didn't need to stop at his house.

When he put her down after washing and drying her hands she ask "Dada not going where wight?" pulling on his arm. "Why would you think that Vee?" Colby ask as her crouch down on Vee level. Vee shakes her head and shrug her little shoulder. "Okay go and play" Colby said patting her head as he went back to washing the dishes. His mom turn and stand beside him.

"Mom how am I going to tell Vee that I'm moving away?" He ask. "It will be okay Colby" His mom said. "If anything happen I'm bringing her with me" Colby said. His mom look at him with a wide eyes. "No, you can't do that Colby she's just a kid you won't stand her" His mom said. "Mom she's my daughter of course I can stand her" He reply. "It's final she's staying with us" His mom said walking out of the kitchen.

He sigh and finished doing the dishes. Then he decide to just watch the TV. He sat on the couch and flip through the channel to watch what ever was on. After 10 minutes of watching some shows he can hear a small footsteps walking down the stairs. "Dada?" Vee called out. "I'm here" Colby said sitting up properly.

Vee ran and jump on the couch beside him. As he was about to pull Vee onto his lap there was knock. He sigh and open it. "Hey Sam" Colby said. "Uncle Sammy!" Vee squealed and hug Sam's leg. "Hi Vee" he said. She look behind him there was a suitcase. "Why you have that too?" Vee ask. "I'm borrowing it Vee" Colby lied. She nodded. Colby brought Sam's suitcase inside and set it beside the door.

"Okay Vee stay here Dada will be quick" Colby said running upstairs. Vee furrowed her eyebrow in confusion. Sam sat down on the couch. "Uncle Sammy" She called out making Sam look at her. She walk and put her hand on his thigh looking at him hopefully. "Yes Vee?" Sam ask rubbing her back softly. "Why did-" She gets cut off by Colby "I'm back!" Colby yelled putting his suitcase beside Sam's. Sam look back at Vee "What is that you wanted to say?" He ask sweetly. She just shrugged off. And walk away.

Colby sat beside Sam. "Have you told her bro?" Sam ask. Colby shake his head "honestly I don't know how" he answer. Sam sigh. "You know if anything happen we should bring her with us" Sam said. "My mom told me it was better if she's here" Colby reply. They talk and talk it was 10:30 am already he need to be at the airport in 30 minutes. "Dude it's time" Sam said.

"Mom!" Colby called out for his mom. His parents came down with Vee. Colby was already dressed so he didn't need to get back upstairs and change. Colby throw his dad car keys to Sam so he can put their suitcase in the trunk. As Sam walks out Colby kneeled down to Vee. "Dada will be back okay?" He said kissing her temple.

"Where dada going?" She ask grabbing his sweatshirt sleeve. "I'm going to work beautiful" he said. "I wanna come!" She said pouting. Colby look up at her mom she shake her head 'no' to him. "You can't babe but I will came back okay?" He reassured Vee.

"NO NO NO DADA NO LEAVE ME" Vee yelled hugging him tightly and literally climbed him. Colby picked her up in his arm. "NO NO LEAVE" She said in his neck sobbing. "Baby Dada gotta go" he said kissing her cheeks. "I wanna go!" she whined. Colby pulled her arm softly so her head was lift off of his neck and he can look at her.

Tears sliding down her red warm cheeks. He wipe the tears away. "Baby I am gonna come back don't worry" Colby reassured her again. Sam came back inside. "Colby we gotta go" he said looking at his watch. Colby hug her one last time before putting her down.

"NO NO NO DADA CAME BACK!" She yelled for Colby. "Bye Vee dada will be back soon" He said turning around with his dad since he was the one who's driving them to the airport since Colby's car was getting ship to LA. He just kept walking wanting to turn around so badly but he knows if he turn around he would be so sad and hurt.

"DADA!" Vee yelled again and again for Colby. As they drive away Colby can feel his heart ache. "DADA! I WANT DADA!" Vee yelled continuously. She kept screaming and crying. Her grandma put her to bed but she still cried silently.

"Dada why you leave me?" she sob. She basically cried herself to sleep. On the other hand, Colby just arrived at the airport "Dad take care of Vee okay?" He said to his dad as he pulled out their suitcases from the trunk. "I will don't worry"

This chapter is awfully relatable to me but they just never came back :)