03. The Aftermath.

"I loathe you." —Hermione
"I loathed you first."—Draco

~~~~~~

"Hermione, please open the door. I have been knocking for hours now, bloody hell, what did you charm this thing with?! No spell is working on the damn thing! Heck, I even threw a bloody chair and it snapped!" Ginny was now shouting at the door, completely oblivious to Harry at the back who held Ron, who, even though had gained consciousness, still felt dizzy at the mere thought of seeing his best friend locking lips with none other than Draco Malfoy, his biggest enemy.

" 'Mione, please open the door, I am sorry," she spoke in a small voice. "I am so sorry, this is all my fault and I know that, please just open the do-" the door suddenly burst open and Hermione ran past them all, she didn't stop to see her best friends nor did she want to see them right now, all she wanted was to wake up from this horrific nightmare already.

Ginny was considerate enough to not run after her, for that, Hermione was thankful. As the witch reached the halls, her tears had stopped, all she felt now was some kind of option she couldn't quite put a finger on. It was something like a mixture of disgust, anger, sadness and utter hate, utter hate for Malfoy.

But Hermione knew it wasn't his fault, the bloody thing had been charmed to make the two people kiss, and if it was for him, he would've never kissed her, what would he have told his parents then!? That he kissed someone inferior to him? In that moment, Hermione actually wanted to know what would his parents say about the two of them kissing, she wanted to see him desperately search for an excuse and then making an utter fool of himself in front of them.

The head girl dorm room was filled with her soft cries once again. Hermione's shoulders shook as she sobbed, her small frame curled on the floor against the wall. If they had to make things worse, she knew Malfoy would return sometime to this specific dorm assigned to the head girl and head boy, and all she wanted was to scream at this bloody rule at that point.

Her legs shook as she ran towards the loo, her tears blurred her vision tremendously but that didn't stop her from slamming the door open and positioning herself in front of the sink. She looked into the mirror, eyes red and puffy, her shoulders shaking and her lips quivering.

What have I done? She couldn't help but ask herself.

Hermione wanted to scream at Ginny for her stupid idea, she wanted to tell everyone who saw them kissing on the wide screen that this wasn't her idea, she was merely the victim of Ginny's ploys. She wanted to wipe off every person's memory of that incident of she could.

If only she could...

Hesitantly, Hermione touched two fingers to her lips as she closed her eyes, feeling the unfamiliar cold set of lips that pressed up against her's to give her the most passionate kiss she had ever had, the one that took your breath away. Hermione had read about such kisses in Muggle books countless times, how simple contacts as such made you fall more in love the more you think about them, but this time, Hermione had had a clear view of reality, because in her case, she only hated Draco Malfoy more and more every time she thought about that kiss.

-------

Every story had two aspects to it, similarly, on the other side of the parallel universe, Draco Malfoy barged into McGonagall's office after he had had his share of the breakdown.

From breaking every mirror in the boys' lavatory, and of course repairing them with a swish of his wand, he had marched right into the office of the head mistress, not bothering to do something about that bloody hand of his. Minerva had looked at him, she was no stranger to all that had happened, from the kiss cam to the two heads of the school kissing in front of a big screen, she now wanted to reach the depth of the matter.

So she had called in the pale blond boy, only hoping that the brightest witch of her age would come too like she had been asked to.

Draco stood his ground, his jaw clenching. He indeed looked like a mess, the head mistress concluded. His robes were a little bloody, maybe they had been used to wipe off some of the blood on his hand. His silver gray eyes looked like they hadn't seen a prey in a long time, and now, now was finally a chance to have a feed. As out of order he seemed, he also looked perfectly calm, his breathing was steady, if it wasn't for the storm in his eyes, nobody would've ever known how much he wanted to kill Hermione Granger in that moment.

"Mister Malfoy, what have you done to your hand?" McGonagall inspected the moment her eyes landed on the infuriated boy. She was about to proudce her wand from her robes when Draco held up his good hand, "Can we get down with this already?" he hid his bloodied hand behind his back just when McGonagall let her eyes travel to his hand.

"I'm waiting for Miss Granger—" Minerva didn't miss the sharp intake of breath by Draco, probably of disgust and anger at her mere name. "In the mean time, let me heal your hand." she offered him but Draco didn't budge.

Truth was, he wanted the pain to stay, he wanted the gash to bloody bleed, he wanted his suffering to heighten and intensify upto the point where he would not have to remember about kissing someone liek Granger. His insides were screaming at him to do something— maybe flip over McGonagall's table or maybe even just crack Granger's skull in two.

Moreover, he wanted to scream at himself for being so stupid, he should've kept his guard up. Charmed or not, Draco Malfoy had to watch his back at all times, whether that be from a bloody flying camera. Before Draco could do something brash, and McGonagall could speak, in entered the Gryffindor witch, her eyes clearly puffy from all the crying.

Unlike Draco, the storm in her eyes was much calmer, it seemed like she had already had her fair share of all the trauma, and now, she was drained, void of all emotions. Her curls were wild, her face was emotionless.

Until...

Her gaze fell upon Draco who looked at her like she was his new prey, his gray eyes warned her for what came next but Hermione was also sending him the same message with her upright and rigid posture. Both of them continued their stare off, not even looking at McGonagall when she cleared her throat. Hermione's gaze briefly fell on his bloody hand and momentarily, she felt remorse for the pale boy in front of her— no matter how bizzare the events of today might have been, she would've never thought to hurt herself.

As much as she hated Malfoy, she didn't want, even for him, to inflict pain on himself. No one deserved that, that was just how pure Hermione Jean Granger was, couldn't even see her biggest enemies in pain. Her brown eyes softened for a moment but when he screamed at her, she knew he had another thing coming.

This was going to be hell, keeping up with Malfoy and explaining this crap to the head mistress, all whilst battling her inner demons.

The last thing she remembered before storming out of the office was the headmistress calling her back for an explanation and Malfoy practically running after her in the halls.

Leave your comments!