13. Revolting.

Things had fallen back into their usual cycle soon enough. While exams had drained the student body as a whole, the Christmas break still managed to serve as a silver lining to the whole ordeal. Their last exam had been on Divination, something that Draco and Hermione both despised with equal distaste, not only was it utterly boring but also completely meaningless. Hermione didn't know why she'd feel the need in her near future to predict her life through supernatural means, it really was ridiculous.

So, when Draco walked into the their head dorm with his eyes half closed and his green tie dangling from his neck, the last thing he expected was his exclusive girlfriend to tackle him into a hug followed by several kisses being pressed to his cheeks and then his lips. With a yelp, Draco's eyes snapped open, all of his earlier tiredness seemed to be swept under the rug as he wrapped his arms around the petite girl who was  grinning down at him like there was no tomorrow.

“Granger, I know that you're excited to see me but this is absolutely barbaric.” Draco shifted a little, straightening his stiff back against the stone floor. Hermione was still straddling him, his hands rested on her hip bone while she pressed her palms flat against his chest.

“Oh don't be such a bore,” she rolled her eyes though she didn't let the playful smile slide off her face. “I can't believe exams are over. That I made through my midterm in one piece.” she sighed, without a care in the world that she was on top of Draco right by the main door. Anybody could walk in any moment and catch them then and there. Hermione seemed to be talking to herself now, her hands clasped, “It was maddening! I feel so drained—”

“Are you sure? You're looking quite enthusiastic to me.” he interrupted, grasping her small waist in his hands and steadying her up on her feet, soon followed by himself. He brushed off his school robes and ran a dismissive hand through his hair.

“Are you joking? I am absolutely drained, it feels like my mind is sent into overdrive. I have heaps of stuff right in here and it's driving me crazy,” She pointed a finger at her brain which made Draco chuckle. It was exciting to see this new side of her, rambling and loud. She always came off uptight and boring to everyone, he was glad she was opening up to him in her own unique way.

“—I hope I did my absolute best in this stupid exam, ugh! You know how much I hate Divination.” and she was talking again, just like that. Absent-mindedly, she rested a finger under her chin as if she were in deep thought. “But I do suppose I could score less than usual, I mean this is Divination, my most dreaded subject! Can you imagine— why are you smiling at me?” Hermione was casting a glance down at her boyfriend's body, his grey eyes filled with mirth and utter amusement.

Hermione frowned when he didn't say anything right away. “Just checking what the world has come down to, Hermione Granger actually being relieved at the prospect of examination being over. I don't know about you but that doesn't settle well for me.” he smirked at her, though lazily, Hermione still found it charming.

“I can be absolutely happy at the prospect of our exams ending,” she crossed her arms and stuck her nose high, “But seriously though,” Her expression shifted from a frown to utter seriousness. “What if I don't do well on th—”

“Merlin's hairy rod! Calm down Granger!” He grasped her by the shoulders immediately making her stop rambling. A small smile made its way to his face for no apparent reason. She looked like a child who had been scolded for being to loud at a posh dinner party, Draco vaguely remembered himself making the exact same face when his mother had scolded him for being too naughty at a party she had thrown for all the pureblood families in Britain, he remembered crying himself to sleep while the party carried on in full motion, his mother never came to check up on him.