17. Unsatisfactory Answers. (part two)

Just a quick note that this book is termed mature so please don't comment stuff like "omg are they gonna have sex" or "they are only teenagers! This isn't appropriate" girl, this is fiction, what did you expect? P.S. Major sexual themes in this chapter somewhere in the middle/end, skip if you want to.

Draco's mind was hurting with all this new information. It was like an endless swirl of smokey memories, more like fragments, which he did and did not remember at the same time. For instance, the memory of lying to Bellatrix at the Manor when she told him to confirm if it really was Potter or not with the deformed face before him, it was still vivid in his mind- but then, there was another piece of a dream which though wasn't actually reality, still managed to make Draco feel like it had happened to him somewhere in his past. It was somewhere around the time of his first year at Hogwarts. He had been buying school books with his father at Flourish and Bolts. It was only then that he saw Weasley, who not only just came up to him at the store with a thick stack of books on one hand, but also extended a hand of friendship towards him with a smile.

He knew that hadn't actually happened.

It wasn't the friendship initiative that made Draco realise it was a dream, it was rather the fact that Ron Weasley had managed to get himself decent and first edition books.

How could Weasley even afford to go in there in the first place? He was as poor as a gingernut. Wasn't he supposed to get hand-me-down books from his oh so big family tree?

"What the fuck?" Draco looked at the empty portrait where Snape had stood just moments ago. He didn't care if his headmistress was giving him a daunting look at the use of his language, all he did, however, know was that he needed to find out more. "What? Where did he go?" he turned around to locate seven more potriats to his back, five more to his left and finally, an additional three to his right. And it was so dark, match that with his black robes and it would be a nightmare to find him in here, even if he used a lumos, the light still wouldn't have been enough bright to search through all the sixteen portraits in the room.

He cast one glance at McGonagall who, for some reason, had her mouth pressed in a thin line and eyes closed.

Gee, if it's not dark enough in here already, Draco rolled his eyes.

Taking matters in his own hands, he stalked forward, blasting off a lumos after lumos from his wand as he searched through the portraits. He didn't understand if this was the time to be playing games, why didn't Snape understand that? "Bloody hell! Where tge fuck are you?!" his voice was booming and he was scared- even a minute wasted felt like a huge burden. Who knew how many lives could be saved by a minute's importance? Draco sure as hell didn't want to find out.

Finally pulling herself togther, McGonagall followed suit; searching the portraits on her left as Draco took the ones ahead. It felt as if the rook was getting darker and darker by the minute, both of them had to act quick.

"This isn't the time for your games, Severus!" McGonagall ripped off yellowed sheet from another portrait. "People are dying and more will die if you continue to act like this tattered child!"

And then, they heard it- a faint sigh.

Both Draco and McGonagall turned their heads simultaneously to the back. There stood Snape with a thick book in his hands, casually flipping through the pages as if he hadn't caused complete havoc for the two of them mere minutes ago. "Are you two just going to stand there or are you both interested in finding out about this new horcrux?" he sounded bored, like always. Draco looked at McGonagall at the same time she turned her head towards him. With an affirming nod from their sides, both made their way towards the initial portrait that Snape had resided in. "Just so you know, I wasn't playing any games, however fun that may sound. I went to get this forbidden fruit for you." on cue, he flashed the thick, leather covered book at them.