08. Skyfall.

“It was summer when I saw your face, looked like a teenage runaway.”
—Rollercoaster by Bleachers

"Hermione, would you please stop ignoring me now?"

Now? What do you mean now, it's only been two weeks, Hermione wondered.

Ginny Weasley looked like she was ready to burst into tears any moment now. The witch had been ignoring the redhead ever since the whole kiss cam fiasco. She knew it was pointless to do so, yet, she had no better option to express her anger. Hermione knew what had been her intentions yet, she couldn't find herself to move over this fully just now. The kiss cam had brought practical death on her shoulders, okay, maybe that was a little bit exaggerated but you got the idea of it.

Not only did she had to kiss none other than the pure blood prick, Draco Malfoy himself, but had to put up with his horrendous attitude that seemed to put the stupid banshee woman to shame.

Dare she mention she had to kiss him again and again to fight off a stupid burn?

How fucking bizzare.

The younger Gryffindor trailed behind her only to stop when Hermione flipped around, coming directly face to face with her. She clutched her books tighter to her chest keeping her face void of any emotion, she was still angry at her, after all. "What do you want Ginny? I'm quite in a bit of a hurry."

Ginny opened her mouth only to close it again. She could not believe she was this mad, even after two weeks. She fumbled with the book in her hands, running her fingers along the spine up and down in a repeated motion, truth was; she didn't want anything, just that the witch in front of her forgave her. "Oh- I well, I was hoping you could forgive me and then we can be like before." she said so quickly that if it weren't for Hermione standing so close to her, she'd have missed it completely.

The girl seemed flustered, Ginny. Her hair was messy and her eyes had dark circles under them, clearly defining her lack of sleep. For a moment, Hermione felt pity for her. Maybe she was being too hard on her, after all. Ginny, obviously, never wanted Hermione to be in a position like she was in currently, that much she could swear over anything. The girl's intentions hadn't been bad, only she hadn't thought of the complete consequences that would follow if something went wrong- another reason Hermione liked to plan out everything in full before heading into something.

A sigh escaped her lips. For a brief moment, her eyes closed and she rubbed her aching temples- maybe because of Ginny or maybe it was Malfoy, she wasn't sure which one it was. "I forgive you Ginny." Her eyes drifted to smiling girl in front of her. "It wasn't... It wasn't your fault, I-" she awkwardly rubbed the back of her neck, feeling her knots tighten with every graze of her finger on her skin.

"It's alright." The finality in her voice made Ginny jump, she crushed Hermione in a bear hug and after a few stumbles, Hermione smiled to herself, patting her friend's head in affection. "Oh thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, 'Mione!" Ginny rushed, tightening her hold on Hermione which made her laugh after so long.

"So now that you've forgiven me, can we talk about how good of a kisser Malfoy is?" Ginny wiggled her eyebrows in a suggestive manner which made Hermione widen her eyes.

"Ginevra Weasley!" Hermione smacked her book at Ginny, completely missing her target as she moved further.

Quidditch instincts.