Chapter 17

"GRYFFIN WHAT" I asked him almost yelling. "Gryffin... is... dying" he said walking over to me and pushing my hair behind my ear. "What do you mean dying" I asked him standing up. "His heart is slowing down by the minute and there is nothing the doctors can do about it, he had a 90% chance of dying". As he was speaking his words started getting muffled and everything started turning black. "Brennen" I wheezed out right before passing out.

•time skip•

I woke up and I was in Brennens arms being carried bridal style. "Bren?" I asked him softly "SASHA your awake, are you okay" he asked me. "I'm okay, I just, need a minute" he put me down on the couch in the gaming room and sat next to me. "This is my fault" I squeaked out "I cant believe this". "Aye princessa it's not your fault it's okay" he said trying to comfort me. "Is Jake okay" I asked him "he's calming down from the alcohol and weed so we are going to tell him when he's fully sober" he answered me. "Fuck" I yelled as I laid down on Brennen. "Hey it's going to be fine" he told me trying to make me feel better, but it wasn't working. "I need to see him, I need to see Jake" I told Brennen getting up and walking out of the house. He ran up behind me and followed me out and we both got in his car.

•time skip•

When we got to Aubries house I sat back in the passenger seat really tense. I was trying really hard to figure out if this was a good idea or not. Brennen came over and opened the door for me. "I'll tell him, then you can come in, I don't want you in the room when he finds out" Brennen said then turned around and walked into the house. I waited out in his car and when my phone dinged I jumped and started hyperventilating.

Brennen-
Come in

I stepped out and my right foot hit the ground. My legs were shaking so I had to catch my balance when I put my weight on them. I walked over to the door and I grabbed the handle slowly turning it. "Sasha" Aubrie said from across the room. I slowly walked all the way in until I locked eyes with Jake. I was expecting him to be looking at me with anger but he didn't look angry, he looked emotionless. As I was looking into his eyes, he didn't even look like Jake, it's like he lost all sense of emotion, like he was empty inside. It killed me to look at him like that, so I turned to Brennen. In this moment of time felt really slow, as if everything was in slow motion. "Sasha, I..." Jake tried saying but couldn't seem to get anything out. I looked down at my feet and started wiggling them around. "I'm a fucking jerk" he finally squeaked out. I popped my head up with a confused look on my face "what" I asked not understanding what he was trying to say. "I should have stayed with you and tried helping you instead of getting mad and running off" he explained to me. "Why are you apologizing to me, it's my fault" I said tearing up "this is why your too good for me Jake". "Sasha, I am not too good for you, it's my fault Gryffin might be dead and it's my fault I pushed you away" he said getting up and walking over to me. At this point I had tears all over my face and eyes "I... I... it's not... it's me... it's my..." I tried saying through sniffles, but Jake cut me off and grabbed my shoulders pulling me into his arms. "I still love you. I couldn't stop loving you." he said over my shoulder making me break down crying even more. "I love you too Jake Andrew Webber" I said back, he chuckled a little bit and said "that's my full name?" he asked letting go of me and pushing me off so he can look at my face. "Yes" I answered "that's wrong, it's actually Jack Android Weeber" he said with a slight smile on his face. I started laughing at him through my tears and I put my head down. All I thought about was how Jakes being Jake again. He lifted up my chin with his thumb and kissed me softly on the lips. As soon as he let go he giggled, "what" I asked him "fuck I missed that" he said right before pulling me in and kissing me again. "Ok are we gonna just stand here watching Jake and Sasha making out while Gryffin is dying or what" Brennen yelled out at us. "Waiiiiit" Jake wined out "Jake come on let's go see how Gryffin is" I said walking towards the exit. Right before I got out of the door I started fucking levitating off of the ground. "What the fuck" i wheezed out but then I got thrown over Jakes shoulder like a sack of potatoes. I started laughing really hard and could tell Jake had a huge smirk on his face. He carried me out of the house and put me in the backseat of Brennens car. He sat next to me and Brennen got in the drivers seat. Aubrie decided not to go with us and stay home so it was just the three of us. The whole car ride to the hospital all I could think about was what happened with Colby, Jake never actually gave up on me he just wanted me to be happier, he doesn't deserve this. I don't think I can keep this secret but I can't imagine telling him especially after his best friends dying.

•time skip•

We all got out of the car and walked into the hospital. Jake crept up behind me and slowly wrapped his hand around making me flinch. We walked up to the front desk and asked for Gryffin. "Gryffin... Gryffin," she said while searching for his name on the computer "oh" the lady gasped "what" Jake said tensing up and grabbing my hand even tighter in anticipation