Dave Hodgman, Meet My Family, Happy

It was 17:58pm and Dave was going to be here soon. Dave was my boyfriend and we had been dating for 3 months. My parents wanted to meet him. We were going to be having dinner at 18:00pm and that would be attended by my mother, father, younger sister and brother. They are both twins, 9 years old.

The sound of the doorbell ringing made my heart jumped a little. I ran over to the door hoping to get there before my parents, thankfully I was successful. I opened it to reveal a slightly worried and nervous Dave. "Hey Y/N, you looking stunning as usual. How are you feeling about this?" Dave said coming inside and speaking faster than usual. "Fine, but how are you feeling?" I said, looking skeptical at him. "Me? I-I feel fine, totally fine" "Yeah...I can tell" I said unsure but dropping it for his sake. "Here, I brought your family flowers" Dave said, handing me lovely red roses. "Thanks Dave, you're to kind" I said, grabbing his hand and making him chuckle.

We walked into the kitchen which held my mother and father. "Mum? Dad? This is Dave" As soon as Dave's name left my mouth both their heads turned around.

"Ahh, Dave it's lovely to finally meet you." "Thank you Mrs Y/L/N and here, I brought you  theses" Dave's said talking the roses and handing them to my mother. "Ahh, roses, my favourite and please Dave, call my Lucy" She said smiling and looking to them. "Good to meet you Dave" my father said shaking Dave's hand and smiling. "You too sir" "Oh Dave please, you don't have to call me sir. Call me Danny" My father said making Dave nod and smile.

I was happy at how well this was going, but I knew my sibling would be the real trouble.

Dinner was soon ready and everyone was sat at the table. No one was talking until my brother, Andy spoke up. "So Dave, why are you dating my sister. For her looks, smarts, sex?" As soon as my brother said sex I coughed on the water I was drinking. My mother and father were just the same. "Umm...no. I am dating Y/N because of her personality and everything about her. She's amazing and that's why" "Do you like any sport?" My sister Erin spoke up. "Yes, I am a Mets fan" "Good" she said as our whole family were big supporters. "Tell me Dave, have you and my sister done it yet" My brother said making me glare at him. "No, we haven't and we won't be for a long time" "Why? Is it because our sister is ugly? Boring?" "Jesus, Mary and Joseph" I said under my breath before Dylan could answer. "No, I just t-think we are a little young" "You sure there Dylan, you stuttered?" My sister questioned as if she was interrogating him for murder. "100% sure" "Alright, how about we hold back on the questions yeah?" I said looking to both my sister and brother who sat in front of me and Dave. "Okay...for now" my brother said glaring at Dave slightly before going back to eating his dinner. I saw Dave gulp lightly making me grab his hand from under the table and giving it a light squeeze in reassurance that everything was going to be fine.

Dave took notice of it and turned to me giving me a warm smile which always made my heart skip a beat.

After dinner more embarrassing questions were asked from my brother and sister, but as the night went on they started warming up to Dave. It was to the point that when Dave had to leave they were begging him to stay. Of course he couldn't.

As I was walking Dave out to his car a smile was placed on my face. "Hey, what's got you all smiley?" Dave said, leaning against his car with his hands on my waist. "Oh, just the fact that the dinner went extremely well and that my family love you" I said looking into his adorable brown eyes. "Well I'm glad they like me too, tomorrow night is my family." "Can't wait" I said leaning in, Dave doing the same.

Soon our lips touched and as cheesy as it sounds, a buzz went through my body. Dave's lips felt like pillows that moved perfectly in sync with mine.

Like something out of a movie.