nine ; ghost town

( SEASON SIX A ! )

( SEASON SIX A ! )

ghost town.

The night that followed was torturous, not to mention one of the longest of Harper's entire life. Bitter thoughts clouded her brain, her heart resting heavy in her chest as she hugged her pillow close to her chest for the slightest bit of warmth. Although they didn't compare to the arms that she was starting to remember the feeling of.

When she woke after about an hour of shuteye, her entire body felt drained. Slowly, Harper forced herself out of her bed and moved to the bathroom, slipping into the shower. The hot water cascading down her back provided her with a sense of comfort, her hands hugging her arms as she just stood there, never wanting to leave.

Eventually, Harper forced herself to start washing her dark hair, convincing herself that she would feel a little better once she was cleaner. That was always the way it worked with her. As she reached to rinse the shampoo from her brunette locks, something inside her snapped.

Sorrow.

It was strange since the Empath hadn't even been thinking about anything when it occurred, but she quickly realised that this emotion was unfamiliar to herself in the sense that it was not her own. Harper's hands released her hair and moved to cup where her heart was as if trying to stop the stabbing pain there.

It didn't hurt physically but mentally, and perhaps that was worse. She squeezed her eyes shut as the emotion subsided, leaving her back to feeling void. Harper conditioned and washed her body before climbing out of the shower, wrapping her towel around herself.

She walked out into her bedroom, jumping at the sight of Scott in her room. His eyes took in her half-naked figure and his brown eyes immediately bulged, turning to look anywhere but her body. Harper held the towel tighter to her body but rolled her eyes at his childish reaction. He'd seen her in nothing but a bikini multiple times.

"Sorry," the alpha apologised, still making a point of covering his eyes as a gentleman would. "I didn't see anything, I swear."

Harper sighed, "Scott, it's fine. It's not like I'm naked." She held the towel with one hand but searched through her wardrobe with the other, trying to find something suitable to wear for the day. "Was there something you needed?"

"Yeah, or well, Isaac and I were going to head down to the Sheriff's station and talk to him about the whole radio situation last night," Scott spoke softly, aware of how badly she had taken it. "I was wondering if you wanted to come with us."

The brunette settled on a plain black top and a black skirt that had a zip running down the middle. Scott acknowledged the way she hesitated for a second, her hand gripping a pair of tights from her drawer tighter than she probably should have.

"He won't believe us," Harper disclaimed, her tone unusually pessimistic. "There's no point."

She moved to head back to the bathroom but Scott reached out, his large hand wrapping around her arm and pulling her back, forcing her to look at him. He almost softened at how empty her brown eyes looked but he clenched his jaw, knowing that he was going to have to be the one to give her some tough love right now.