nineteen ; an intruder

"I'm really sorry," Scott apologised for the hundredth time that night, his friends stood behind or beside him once all of the police officers had spread out across the woods

"I'm really sorry," Scott apologised for the hundredth time that night, his friends stood behind or beside him once all of the police officers had spread out across the woods. "You don't think they saw anything, do you?"

Parrish sighed, "no more than they're used to."

Lydia's gaze lingered on the older man for a little too long. Once their eyes met, she instantly disconnected them, moving closer to Harper who hadn't noticed. The Empath was more concerned about what the hell had happened to Scott and why she had felt so more fear radiating from him.

"You wanna tell me what happened?" Sheriff Stilinski asked calmly, gesturing to the dead body that they had lead him to.

"It's a Hellhound," Parrish acknowledged.

"A dead Hellhound," Malia stated, making Isaac send her a look.

"I think he got that part, Mal," he sighed, patting her on the shoulder. "The man's got a pair of eyes."

"Well I don't get it," Deputy Parrish cut in, "I didn't think you could kill a Hellhound."

Harper sighed softly, "he- he went down pretty easy. He was already weak from fighting Liam at the school and then- and then this."

Noah's eyes snapped to the teenage girl, as if he had only just processed that she was there. The pack watched as his brows furrowed in confusion.

"Stiles said you were on a flight to Rhode Island," he pointed at her, clearly confused.

Harper swallowed, "well, that may be a small lie that we're having to make for Stiles. Please, Noah, don't tell him that Scott and I are still in Beacon Hills. It's- it's for his own safety."

Sheriff Stilinski sighed, "I won't say anything to him."

There was a short silence. Noah looked over to Scott with raised brows, making the Alpha glance up at him. Scott had been awfully quiet since the whole situation had happened, feeling immense guilt for tackling Stiles' dad and also worried that the officers would be scared of him now.

"You got anything you wanna add to the whole Hellhound problem?" Noah questioned.

Yet again, there was more silence. Harper's eyes cast down to Scott's hand which was still fiddling with the bullet that belonged to an Argent. He slipped it back into the pocket of his jogging bottoms and gulped, his Adam's apple bobbing.

"Yeah," Scott muttered quietly, "I don't think it was just any bullet."

Parrish frowned as he looked down at the other Hellhound. "I hope not."

...

"It wasn't him," Harper rolled her eyes, taking the bullet from Scott's hand from where he had been fiddling with it nonstop on the drive home.

The brunette sat squashed in between Scott and Lydia while Malia drove, Isaac in the passenger side of course. His large hand sat on the werecoyote's leg as he glanced at the trio in the back through the mirror.