Surprise!

I spent more time making super specific completely random and irrelevant gifs than I do writing the chapters so look forward to that!

They'd had Sikowitz's class last period, and even Tori's persistent peppiness hadn't been enough to ruin Jade's mood. As much as she put on act that she didn't like anything, she really did love her school. The performing arts part anyway. It was difficult, there was no doubt about that. She had stayed up late trying to think of song lyrics, plots for plays and memorise lines of script countless times, but she relished in it. She was creative minded, and despite her father's disappointment, she really knew that she was in the right place.

As Beck walked out of class with her to their lockers before they could head home, he glanced over at Jade. He saw the soft grin on her face, and he couldn't help but beam.

"What is it?" Jade chuckled, peering around at him behind her locker door. She didn't snap, she just looked genuinely happy.

"It's nothing," Beck shrugged, fiddling with his necklace. Jade cocked her head persistently, yet still, she wasn't angry.

"It's just, I was worried that when we started school, things would be different, y'know? We had so much fun over summer, and we were happy. I just was scared I guess, that being back would mean you were angry and cold again. At least in public anyway. But you're not." He was rambling, but Jade got it. Maybe in the last few years, this insinuation would make her angry. But now, she was just happier, and she realised that made Beck happier too. She had her reasons for before, good ones, too. But she was getting better.

"You were scared, huh? I thought you never get scared?" she giggled. And that just consolidated for Beck that things were really going to be better. Because Jade just giggled, and Jade never giggled.

"Shut up," he laughed, turning to walk out the school. His girlfriend ran after him, laughing too.

"I'm Beck and I'm scared of absolutely nothing because I date Jade and nothing's scarier than that!" she impersonated in her worst 'Beck' voice.

"Shut up!" He yelled, still smiling without looking back at her. She chased him until she was in front of him, blocking his path.

"Make me." Sure enough, he strode forward and grabbed her face, kissing her whilst still moving forward until her back hit a pillar.

"Ow," she whispered against his lips. Beck rolled his eyes, pulling away as he grabbed her hand and led her to his car.

Once they were both in the front seats, he leaned over again and began to kiss her. They made out for a few minutes, before Jade pulled away as it began to heat up. He frowned, pouting like a child.

"We're not doing this right now, we're in the school parking lot, and I'm not gonna put on a display." She told him, but she still seemed more amused than mad.