Becky With The Good Hair.

"Sorry we're late!" "We fell asleep on the couch!" "My alarm didn't go off!" "I couldn't find any clothes!" "We were out of coffee!" These were just a few of the many things Beck and Jade yelled simultaneously as they burst into Sikowitz's class o...

"Sorry we're late!" "We fell asleep on the couch!" "My alarm didn't go off!" "I couldn't find any clothes!" "We were out of coffee!" These were just a few of the many things Beck and Jade yelled simultaneously as they burst into Sikowitz's class over ten minutes late. Last night they had drifted off in Jade's living room and without Beck's alarm clock they woke up already late. By then there had been no time to change clothes or sort out hair or make up, so the two looked a mess as they flopped until their usual seats, out of breath.

"Ah," Sikowitz said, seemingly in the middle of a story. "And your child?"

In the rush to get to school relatively on time, they had almost forgotten about Robin, who was somehow still curled up asleep into Beck's chest. The poor girl was still in her pyjamas, with her long brown hair in two messy braids.

"She's not our child," Jade argued defensively. She had grown used the assumption that they were teen parents when she and Beck took her sister out for ice cream, and the disapproving glares that came with it.

"So what, you just found her?" Andre chimed in, an amused expression on his face. He knew who the young girl was, and it seemed he just found messing with an overtired Jade amusing. Robbie stifled a laugh to avoid any possible murder attempts.

"No," Beck sighed, lowering his voice as to not disturb the girl on his lap. "She's Jade's sister, and we had to bring her here until she can be picked up."

"You have a sister?" Tori asked, sitting forward in intrigue. Everyone knew the entire Vega family, and it surprised her that Jade's own siblings had never come up. She assumed that she was just an only child.

"It appears that way doesn't it?" Jade remarked sarcastically, earning a pointed look from Beck.

"And how long will-" Sikowitz paused.

"Robin," Beck filled in.

"Little Robin be joining us in the wonders of acting for?"

"Just until my brother can pick her up in like twenty minutes," Jade told him. "If that's okay," she added, quieter this time.

"You have a brother?" Tori gaped once more, and Jade felt a strong urge to slap her. She didn't, but only because the sound might wake up her sister. Rex made fun of her instead.

"Her brother's hot," Cat stage whispered to Tori, adding yet more tension to the room. The whole morning was a reminder of why exactly she never mentioned her family, aside from the overall drama in the West household.

"As long as the girl is quiet, she may stay here until the arrival of Jade's brother," Sikowitz said, giving a nod to Jade to show that he was sympathetic towards what was happening.  "Now how about we let teacher talk."

By some miracle, Robin stayed asleep on Beck's lap, unbothered by Sikowitz's booming voice. Jade suspected it was because she didn't want to be around all the people, and she didn't blame her. Her whole big sister act was making people look at her with pity, and she'd prefer if instead the ground simply swallowed her whole.