Family & All That Garbage.

"Not that I'm saying you should drop out of college, but how would you feel about dropping out of college?" Jade muttered over the rim of her steaming mug

"Not that I'm saying you should drop out of college, but how would you feel about dropping out of college?" Jade muttered over the rim of her steaming mug. They had decided to have coffee at home that morning on account of it being Aiden's last day before classes start.

"Aww, J. You gonna miss me?" He mused, turning around to see her from where he was sat on the couch with Robin, watching morning cartoons.

"No! Only so Robin doesn't have to move in with Dad," she deflected, ignoring the looks on everyone's faces that told her they didn't buy it. Sure, the pair of them weren't exactly equipped or mature enough to raise a child, but it was nice for a second to picture that reality. One where even some of her family could live together happily. At least they'd had the last few days.

She and Beck had to leave for school soon, yet neither made any effort to move, knowing that once they did that would be it. In order for her brother to have any chance of making it to his morning class the next day with a wink of sleep, he'd have to leave pretty much as soon as they got home. On Sunday, Jade's dad was picking up Robin and then it'd go back to how it was. Just the two of them.

Beck wanted to be happy about this, that they'd most likely fall back not their routine in his RV, free of responsibility. But he had forgotten about the way she lit up around her family, about what it was like when she wasn't missing them. Above all, he just wanted her to be happy. So, this sucked.

The two of them left ten minutes later when Aiden ushered them out the door, muttering something about them being losers he'll see at Thanksgiving anyway. The ride to school in Beck's truck was pretty quiet, neither of them knowing quite what to say. They just let the radio play whatever whilst they got lost in their thoughts.

"Morning!" Tori greeted them in the hallway, approaching with a spring in her step that made Jade feel nauseous.

"It certainly is," Jade replied, leaning her back against Beck. She really wasn't in the mood to deal with her personality right then, but in the interest of not starting any more drama, she restrained herself.

Beck and Tori chatted idly for a moment, whist Jade remained leaning on him, far away in her head. It was stupid really, to be this upset that thinks were going back to how they were four days ago. Summer had been great, just her and Beck, no responsibilities or annoying siblings. Yet she'd had a glimpse of it, of what life could be like. But at the end of the day she knew it wasn't her fault, it was her parents'. She was brought back to reality when Beck pecked the side of her head.

"We've gotta get to class, c'mon," he almost whispered in her ear. She looked around to see that the corridor was practically empty now, so she turned around and pressed her lips to his. It surprised him, but he kissed back, wrapping his arms around his waist to pull her closer.

"Janitor's closet?" he asked breathily, pulling away for just a second. She nodded, already grabbing his hand.

"Not so fast," an authoritative voice interrupted. Beck turned around, lips till pursed, to see a very unimpressed Sikowitz. "Class now, both of you, or you're both out of the cast of the next play I put on," he ordered, before taking off to his classroom.