Pizza In The ER.

Jade's phone was still in the truck

Jade's phone was still in the truck. The truck that was now on fire. Fantastic. Without asking, she slipped her boyfriend's out of his pocket and called Andre.

"Hey, it's me," she greeted, her tone as calm as it would be if she hadn't just been in a car crash. It was only once she spoke that Beck even noticed she was on the phone. He mouthed to ask who was calling, but she just held up a finger.

"Hey, J, what's up?" he didn't sound surprised that she wasn't on her own phone, by now it was a regular occurrence between the two of them.

"I was just wondering if you could pick up a couple pizzas?" she asked. Her boyfriend looked at her like she was insane and made a move for the phone, but she dodged him, returning it to her ear.

"The usual? Where'd you want me to bring it, your place or the RV?" 

Before she could reply, she heard the sirens and saw the flashing lights from the main road getting closer and closer. Someone must've seen the crash and called 911. She was fine, but a little bashed up considering the air bags hadn't been working and knew they'd want to bring them into the ER just to check them over.

"The hospital?" she scrunched her nose as she told him, as if the answer was embarrassing.

"What the hell? What happened, are you guys okay?" Andre started freaking out. Jade smiled slightly, she should've told him earlier, but then he probably wouldn't have heard the part about pizza.

"We just got into a little car crash on the drive home from school," emphasising the word 'little' in a way that made him skeptical. She could tell the exact look he had on his face just over the phone 

"What exactly constitutes as a little car crash, Jade?" he yelled, but it didn't faze her.

"The truck's on fire."

"Jade-" She didn't hear what else he had to say, as a police car pulled up beside the ambulance.

"Okay, Andre I gotta go, the cops are here, can you just meet us in the ER in half an hour with pizza and a ride home? And tell Robbie if he gets a call from an unknown number to pretend to be my dad," she instructed, ignoring his various other questions as she turned to Beck.

"Say something to Andre so he knows you're not dead." 

"I'm not dead!" he yelled into the phone and then she hung up.

"Real inventive," she snarked, but he was still staring at her, shaking his head.

"Pizza?" was all he managed to say. 

"You get hungry when you're mad at me." 

Without warning he pressed his lips to hers, the kiss short and sweet before he pulled away, still holding her face.  

"I'm not mad at you," he practically whispered, the way he said the words was so finite that it felt impossible for her to argue.  Then he got up, wincing a little from pain, before he offered her a hand. "Now let's go deal with this mess."