TGIF!!

Enjoy the extra long quarantine update, hope everyone's safe :)

The alarm on Beck's phone went off extra early on Friday morning, but they didn't mind much, given that it was one of the few nights that week where they'd actually gone to sleep at a reasonable hour. He rolled over to Jade's bedside table to turn it off, before turning to look at her.

"Mornin' Sunshine," he mumbled with a goofy enough smirk to halt the complaint at the nickname that had been on the tip of her tongue. Soon she was smiling too, making them the only two people on earth to be happy after their alarm went off.

He leaned over to peck her lips, but she pulled away.

"Gross, you haven't even brushed your teeth yet," she laughed, finally sitting up and getting out of bed. "We've gotta get Robin to your mom before school, get up!"

"Y'know, you're cute when you're yelling at me," he teased, resting his head on his elbow as he looked over to where she was already in the bathroom.

"Well I won't be cute when I'm hurling a pillow at your head, move!"

"Debatable, have you seen your face?"

"Beckett Oliver!" she shouted, before turning on the shower.

"Coming!"

...

"I miss Jet Brew, do you think the barista misses us?" Jade remarked from the front seat of Beck's car. She was staring at the cup holder, as if the absence of a disposable cup was personally offending her.

"Who's Jet Brew?" Robin asked from the back, in the quizzical way little kids were.

"Coffee," Jade replied. Robin seemed unsatisfied by this answer, but her sister was already turning up the radio. Beck only smiled at the exchange, happy that Jade was back to her usual self.

She grinned at the sight of Beck's mother, already on the doorstep when they pulled up on his driveway, waving as she cradled a cup of tea in her hand.

Contrary to popular belief, Zahra Oliver adored Jade.

"Jade!" she called out, sending her son's girlfriend running into her arms. Beck sighed, helping Robin out of the car whilst her sister had clearly forgotten.

"She's my mom," he huffed as he shut the front door, Robin ahead of him. They both only rolled their eyes.

The woman in front of Jade was a few inches shorter than her, with a complexion a few shades darker than Beck's and the same thick fluffy hair. Her parents were originally from India, but she was born and raised in America. Growing up, she'd always been a little wild, determined to go into the arts since she could talk. In a lot of ways she saw herself in Jade. A little lost in the world, not that she'd let anyone know it.