Pain and Love

"Robin?!" Zattana yelled, running to my side. I didn't respond, I just kept crying, I wanted it all to end. She started to try and comfort me, attempting a hug. I winced and immediately stood up and ran outside of my room and into the med bay.

"R-Robin?!" Artemis yelled in shock and horror, seeing my arm. "Wh-What happened?!" She demanded, her angry tone outweighing her concern. She slowly moved towards me and hugged me.

I let out a cry of anguish, trying to resist, but gave up and hugged her back, sobbing harshly. "Wh-Why...?" I sob. "Wh-Why does this world hate me?" I asked quietly. "I don't know, Rob...I don't know..." She responds sadly.

I didn't notice until it happened that Wally was hugging me too. My eyes slowly opened as I cleared my tears with my sleeve, looking at him. "W-Wally..." I say quietly as I smile a little, glad he was ok. He holds me close, rubbing my back. "Whatever happens, I'm here Dick." He promised.

I look at him happily but weakly. "I know...I can always rely on you." I whisper to him. He seemed a little shocked but quickly got back to being concerned. "Let me patch up your arm..." He said, grabbing my hand softly.

I hesitate but slowly gave him access to my wrists. He stood me up slowly, moving me to a medical bed. He then painfully moved to get some bandages. He took no time in bandaging my wrists carefully.

He smiled slightly at me, holding my hands when it was done. "Better?" He asked hopefully. I blushed a little at the contact, but didn't care. I nodded slowly with a slight smile. Our peace was broken by Artemis clearing her throat.

"Not that I'm not enjoying this moment but...what happened? I don't know anything about the situation with Batman or why you were practically breaking down a minute ago." My breath hitched and I held Wally's hands tightly. "I'll tell you later." I say quickly, my voice clearly angry. Artemis understood and nodded, leaving the room after hugging me.

The only people left in the room were me...and the boy I love. We were still holding hands causing my blush to return, painting my cheeks pink. "You ok?" Wally asked quickly and sadly. "Y-Yeah! Of course!" He let out a sigh of relief. "Good."

Wally started to blush as well, smiling at me. "I'm really glad you're ok." He admitted. "I'm just glad someone really cares about me." He seemed shocked at my comment. "The entire team has always cared about you, I'VE always cared about you." He admitted. "I can't let you keep hurting yourself, Rob."

What happened next shocked me...

I FINALLY UPDATED!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!! Thank you so much for supporting this story and motivating me to continue. I love that people enjoy my stories enough to want updates ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜, you are all amazing. I will make my default promise of trying to update soon but...look what happened last time 😅. I love all of you so much.

-Pride