the end.

"The sad truth is, the truth is sad." -lemony snicket
-
She had left with a slam of a door and he was left alone with anger coursing through his veins, hurt in his heart and an ultimate feeling of knowing there was no going back.

His poor drum set took the brunt of all Zack had done in a single moment to his life, the drums..... and his hands.

Coming off the stage his hands were bruised, broken and bloody and all he wanted to do was head to YN, to figure something out.

So grabbing his belongings he was nearly to the door when Matty asked, "is it true?"

"What's that? That your mates are assholes who practically shot my life in pieces? Yeah it is."

Matty sighed at that before saying, "go figure it out, I'll wrap things up here."

-
She had opened the door, but just enough before she walked back into the room.

He was uneasy but instantly smiled upon seeing his happy little boy on the bed, toy in hand.

"Hello you little bugger." Plucking him up, George had placed a handful of kisses on his head before hearing drawers shut and turning to YN with question asked, "You're really leaving?"

You're leaving me? He wanted to ask but couldn't say.

"I really am." She confirmed before giving him a look, "don't act like it wasn't expected."

Then throwing more shirts into her suitcase she had taken a moment to look at Greyson with George before saying, "I'm never gonna take him from you. No matter what."

He couldn't lie and say relief didn't flood his chest but then, "So that means you don't wanna be with me anymore."

Averting her eyes at that she threw a shoe into the suitcase with, "No, I don't. I'm not gonna be with you when you had zero respect for me."

And with that she zipped up the two suitcases and sitting on the bed beside him the two took in the realization the world wind one night was coming to an end.

"At least I finally told you huh?" George asked with a bitter laugh before placing one last kiss to Greyson's cheek and handing him over asked, "When do you leave?"

"Tonight. We should be heading out actually." Standing up she got Greyson buckled before turning back to George, "I'll let you know when we get back? And I'll make sure to go stay with Molly when you get back so you can move your stuff in peace. And I want you to know you have can see him whenever you want."

His eyebrows were furrowed when he asked, "Why're you acting like this? You're just completely shutting down and I'm supposed to be okay?"

Rounding on him at that she asked, "you think this is easy for me? I've been with you and the boys for MONTHS. I've been with you for months and I actually thought I might've lo-"

But she stopped there, folding her lips because she refused to say it.

"I didn't expect to uproot everything." She finished quietly

He nodded, lips in a tight line of his own as he pointed to her.

"You're running."

"You're really going to act like I'm the person responsible for breaking up this relationship?" She questioned, eyebrows raised because did he really have that much nerve?

"You are, you're running because you felt something and I messed up love I know I did, but it isn't something we can fix? It isn't-this isn't something we can salvage?"

But she shook her head her mind decided, "it's really not. I don't wanna yell at you, not in front of him but I don't see how it's gonna manage. And that's not running, that's called self respect and knowing what I want."

"So I'm losing my girlfriend and my family all in one day?" He questioned, eyes just a bit blurry as she moved from one foot to the other.

"Don't do that. Don't act like it's some tragedy because it certainly wasn't something you wanted in that video."

Ouch.

Eyeing his hand she added, "But I see in typical fashion you took out all the anger on your drums."

He only nodded before she said lightly, "We should go, you can walk us down if you want."

-
The elevator ride down was painfully quiet, both of them leaning against the wall and YN shut her eyes.

None of that was fair.

The video.

The mean boys.

Meant to cross paths her ass, she didn't belong there and she was going back to her life. Before some musician walked in and crapped all over it.

The ringing door brought her out of her haze and making her way through the busy lobby she stopped just shy of the door, turning when she said, "There's loads of paparazzi, we should just say goodbye here then Pascal will meet me at the car."

She watched outside while George said his goodbyes to Greyson, a laugh falling from the little boys lips that nearly snapped YN heart in half.

"I'll see you." George said to her, a half hearted smile on his lips in an attempt to be civil.

She only nodded before saying, "See you then."

Leaning down he was quick to kiss the corner of her mouth, and lips close to her ear whispered, "I do love you."

She brushed him aside at that, pulling away and meeting his eyes he saw the same steely closed off expression she wore in public.

And then she was gone and out the door, a mess of flashing lights and screams in her wake.