This Isn't Funny | Marvel

Steve x Natasha

Prompts #21 and #25
Requested by @wondernewt

Worry not; there are NO SPOILERS.

Summary: Steve has feelings for Natasha. Bucky knows this. Natasha has feelings for Steve. Clint knows this. But what happens when Bucky and Clint team up?

QOTP: Have you seen Endgame yet?

Word Count: 1910

Steve has totally forgot what he's supposed to be doing. Honestly, he's forgotten where he is. He's distracted by a certain red-haired someone on the other side of the room.

She's so pretty when she laughs, he thinks, watching her laugh at a joke Clint just told her. Clint, however, might as well be out of his line of sight completely. He only has eyes for Natasha.

"Would you quit staring at her?" Bucky says, snapping him out of it. He quickly realizes where he is: the gym in the Avengers Base, running on the treadmill. It's a wonder he didn't fall off. Bucky's running next to him.

"Sorry," Steve mumbles.

"Honestly, it wouldn't even bother me if you would just tell her," Bucky replies, referring to Steve's school-boy-crush on Natasha.

Steve scoffs. "As if I would ever do that."

"Pal, you're Captain freaking America-"

"And she's Natasha freaking Romanoff."

Bucky winces a little, recalling all the times he's seen her beat the crap out of somebody. He's lucky he doesn't remember the times she fought him. "Yeah, that's fair." He sighs. "But, you should also remember that she kissed you."

"To keep a Hydra agent from recognizing us," Steve replies. "It meant nothing to her."

"You don't know that."

"It meant little to me at the time."

"But, now it means something, and you should tell her that."

"No." Steve shakes his head. "I can't. I don't wanna risk our friendship."

Bucky groans.

////

Natasha, despite her best efforts, is finding it difficult to focus on Clint. He's telling her a story about something funny Lila and Nathaniel did. She's pretty sure he's told her the story before, anyway.

"Nat?" Clint asks, realizing she's not listening. She's looking at something behind him, so he turns around to see what it is.

Or, rather, who it is.

He snaps his fingers in front of her face. "Hey, Nat? Yeah, it's me, Clint, remember?"

She sighs. "Sorry."

Clint shakes his head, half-laughing. "Why don't you just tell him you like him?"

"No! I can't do that," Nat replies incredulously. "He doesn't like me back, anyway."

"How do you know that?"

"How do you not?"

"Nat-"

She stands, moving over to the punching bags. "I'm not telling him, and that's final."