How to Make Tea for Clara | Sherlock / Doctor Who

Sherlock x Clara

Short little thing because I had an idea

Summary: Sherlock shows you how to make tea for Clara on his new Instagram account.

QOTP: How do you like your tea?

Word Count: 614

"Hello, I'm Sherlock Holmes, and today I'm going to show how to make the perfect cup of tea for Clara," Sherlock says to his phone cheerfully.

"Did you make a YouTube channel without me knowing?" Clara asks from the couch. She was just about to get up and make the tea herself.

"No," Sherlock replies, looking at her. "I'm making an Instagram story." Clara convinced him to get it a week ago, and all he's really done thus far is post pictures of cases and information on the different types of ash and things like that.

"Ah," Clara replies simply, amused. The video cuts off after that.

The next video starts with Clara now holding the phone, and she says, "Okay, go," quietly.

Sherlock opens the cabinet, revealing a bunch of mugs. "Now, the first step is to choose the perfect mug. The trick to this is picking out her favorite mug from all the rest of them. They all look the same, but this one has a small dent in it. This might take you ten or so minutes." He said all this while searching through the mugs. Despite his words, it doesn't take him too long to find it. He smiles. "By sheer luck, here it is."

Then, the next video starts with him filling the mug with water, then pouring it into the kettle and putting it on the stove. "Next, you'll want to boil the water, obviously, and wait until the last possible moment to take the kettle because you were as far away from the stove as you could possibly get."

"Hey!" Clara says playfully. Sherlock laughs.

The next video immediately begins with the kettle screaming. Sherlock takes it off the stove and pours the water into the mug. "Now, you'll want to pick your tea."

Sherlock gets into their box of tea bags, perusing the options. "Do you want Irish Breakfast, English Breakfast, or Earl Grey?"

"Irish Breakfast."

Sherlock takes out the bag, then opens it. "Now, you'll want to get impatient and bounce the bag around the in water for approximately forty-five seconds instead of letting it steep."

"You do the same thing!"

Sherlock smiles. "Never said I didn't." He tosses the tea bag, then opens another cabinet. "Next, you'll want to get out the honey and pour in about half the bottle." He does so, though certainly not as much as he said. "Next, you'll want to put in about two cups of sugar." He pours sugar in the cup, then turns back to the camera. "Now, this next step I don't condone because it's practically heretical and an absolute abomination, but, next, you'll want to pour in some milk."

"Leave me and my milk alone!" Clara replies, half-laughing.

Sherlock rolls his eyes, grabbing the milk out of the fridge and pouring it in the cup, then putting it back and grabbing a spoon. "Next, of course, stir." He does so, then tosses the spoon in the sink and holds up the mug to the camera. "And now you're done."

The next video is posted about five minutes later. Clara is on the couch, holding the mug of tea and blowing on it. Sherlock's holding the phone, filming her.

"What's the verdict?" he asks.

Clara mockingly glares at him. "Guilty." She laughs, then takes a sip. Her eyes widen. "That was hot."

"But was it good?"

She rolls her eyes. "Yes."

Sherlock turns the camera onto him. "Success."