A Flame With an FBI Badge (Part 2) | White Collar / The Paper Magician

Neal x Ceony

Real person picture for Ceony:

This ended up being really long whoops

Summary: Neal suspects that Ceony was the one who saved him from getting shot, and Ceony is adamant that she's going to keep her secret and not fall in love with Neal. But what happens when something goes awry while they're undercover?

QOTP: If you casted the Paper Magician movie, who would you cast as who?

Word Count: 6160

Before the guy could pull the trigger or Neal could even move, a blue streak hit the guy directly in the face, and Neal quickly got over his shock and confusion and kicked the guy in the knee, causing him to fall. Then, he grabbed the guy's gun and aimed it at him while looking for the blue thing again.

But it was gone.

That moment has been replaying through Neal's mind for months now - and not just because he almost got shot.

After Neal got the guy's gun, he aimed at him until all of the other criminals were apprehended - either by a non-fatal shot or just in hand cuffs. They arrested them all, though most ended up in the hospital first.

Try as he might, he couldn't - and still can't - stop himself from wondering just what that blue thing was. A short time after it happened, he remembered he'd seen Ceony drop something in her pocket that was blue earlier in the investigation. That doesn't prove anything, though.

If she really was responsible, she saved his life - and it wasn't his business. He'd look like an idiot if he asked her and she had no idea what he was talking about, anyway.

So, he tries not to think about it.

"Iron Man 3 is better, and you can't change my mind," Ceony argues, sitting across from Neal at the table in his home (technically June's) and eating the popcorn she just popped in the microwave.

Neal shakes his head. "Iron Man 2 is better. I mean, the donut scene-"

"But Harley-"

"Nick Fury-"

"Pepper-"

"Natasha-"

"The good representation of anxiety and PTSD."

That gives Neal pause. "Well, I can't argue with that." She smiles triumphantly, and Neal can't help but think about how much he loves that smile. However, he smirks. "Two is still better, though."