Prologue

||A/N||- Thank you for giving this book a chance and I promise you I will give you an adventure of a lifetime. Unlike the other books and movies about superheroes and villains, this one is kind of different. You will see the villains' side of the story. Unfortunately, like real life,  death is a part of life. So, if you're expecting a happy ending or for all your favourite characters to stay alive and have a margarita in the end; I'm sorry. Hope you like it. Keep in mind that this is the prologue so it will be short.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Eden Moran watched as the world around her moved in slow motion. The debris of the falling buildings flying everywhere. One building after the other, like dominoes. She couldn’t fathom any good reason for this outcome. She blinked as she was pushed aside, again, to prevent getting hit by a falling pole. She could hear the sirens of the ambulances, cries of babies and mothers who couldn’t find their children in the back of her head. People were shivering in the cold, huddled together under the one stable roof in the area. Eden stared at the one place she should have been in. Her house or she should say, the remains of her house. As the dust cleared she could make out the silhouettes of the people who didn’t make it out of the place on time. Lying lifeless on the road with their body parts crushed. Cranes waiting on the side for the order to pick the buildings up. But no one seemed to care enough.

A blast of fire flew out of the hands of a man dressed in complete red as it hit a woman. Agni; that was his name. It was a Hindi word that translated to fire. One of the world's most loved superhero. But not in Eden's eyes. Not that day. The woman he hit with the blast, with an intent to kill, had a child in her hands, a little baby boy. But that didn’t stop him. The woman dropped the boy as she fell on the ground and writhed in agony.

Eden shook her head slowly. He shouldn’t have done that. The woman got up, her clothes burnt as she held her hand out. Before Agni could shoot another blast, the metal rod that had fallen in front of the crowd rose up on its own and made it’s way to Agni. He blasted the woman and the rod with all the might he could but it wouldn’t stop the rod from wrapping around his body. The woman showed no sign of compassion. Agni yelled out for help. His screams getting drowned by the ambulance and building collapses. The woman shut him up. She moved her fist and the rod complied. It moved through his brain. His body went slack leaving silence for about a second before lightning hit the woman from above, repeatedly. When it finally did stop, she was on the ground, her lifeless child with her. A distant call of “retreat” was sounded and the villains left the scene. In ten minutes, the cranes began rummaging their way through the buildings, clearing it up.

Eden walked slowly to her house, watching her step to make sure she didn't step on someone. Rescuers were pulling out the remains of the people in it. She held her hand out to stop a stretcher carrying a woman who seemed broken in every way possible. Her face and hair covered with dirt, her dress covered in blood. As much as Eden had hoped she would look peaceful, she didn’t. She looked like a building just fell on her.

“Is she your mother?” the rescuer asked her, softly.

Eden shook her head as she lied “No.”

She turned around to look at the ruins around her. Not a drop of tear fell from her eyes, her voice didn’t crack. It wasn’t that she was strong, she wasn’t. But the heroes didn’t only kill the villains that day. They also killed her on the inside, leaving her barren and dead.

Except for one feeling. The need for revenge. And that, she will get.

 And that, she will get