CHAPTER THREE: THE BAR

ƬΉΣ BΛЯ

Tristan placed a hand on her shoulder as she removed the picture from Bacchus’ hand. “We should leave. It’s not safe here.”

Skye licked her dry lips as she got up, her knees covered in blood. She stood in her pumps looking down at the familiar faces. Almost all of them were sliced in the middle, leaving a pool of blood and cut up intestines. Tristan pulled her into a hug, only then did Skye realise that she was shaking. Tristan did not speak a word, did not comfort her, did not say that it was going to be okay. She was glad he didn’t because it wasn’t and only a fool would believe that.

“Tristan?” A voice called out from under a table. Tristan pulled away from her and moved the couch to reveal Jamie hidden under. Jamie was a waitress in the bar.

“Jamie...hey...” Tristan said softly as he pulled the woman up.

“Skye.” She breathed, her eyes watering. “I can’t believe this.”

“I know,” Skye replied, her eyes threatening to cause a waterfall as well. She looked away to see if anyone else had survived. But everyone else was massacred. Which was not natural. Jamie was a very obese woman, she couldn’t have hidden easily. At least not compared to the other people. There was only one way she could have survived the robot.

Skye turned around to look at her. “You’re not a villain. You’re human, aren’t you?”

Jamie licked her lips and stared at the ground. Tristan looked at her with accusing eyes. Why are you doing this...now?

“That’s how the robot works, it scans us to find out who’s not mundane,” Skye stated.

“Bane?” Skye turned around to see Bryce standing at the entrance of the bar, taking in the massacre. He looked like he was going to throw up. Skye walked to Tristan slowly, whose face showed that he recognised who it was from earlier that night.

“When I give the signal, pick me up and run as fast as possible.” She whispered into his ear. Skye walked slowly, making sure she didn’t step on anyone. “Bryce. What are you doing here? Weren’t you on your way to your cousin’s house?” Skye made up a story.

“Well, I was. But then I came by to say goodbye to everyone and...oh my God, Bane...I really need a hug.”

That was the answer she needed. Skye immediately took a step back. “Now Breeze!” She yelled. The familiar feel off Tristan’s hand on the back of her neck calmed her down. She heard the robot’s blade rip out of Bryce’s clothes as Tristan lifted her up slightly and took off. Skye clutched the photo tight in her hand as she felt her face almost get peeled off.

About a minute later, Tristan slowed down to a stop in front of a mansion. Five stories white building with two gates and security guards everywhere. They were standing behind a tree, such that the guards couldn’t see them. Only as Tristan let go of his hold did she realise her waist was bleeding again. She removed her jacket and pulled out her hoodie and tied it around her waist to stop the bleeding.

Skye rubbed her cheeks. “Does it get easier when you do it often?”

“How did you know that that wasn’t Bryce?” Tristan asked ignoring her previous question.

“Well. Bryce has a really big...you know...and the robot really didn’t show much...you know...and considering what happened earlier that night...he should have shown...you know...” Skye rambled on. Tristan raised an eyebrow. Skye sighed. “No one that knows me well has called me ‘Bane’ in two years. R127 knew me as Bane, cause that’s what I’m saved as in their database.”