CHAPTER SIX: THE ESCAPE

THΣ ΣSCΔPΣ

“Go find out what the alarms are blaring for!” Brandon ordered. Skye expected them to stay behind to protect the son but apparently, she didn’t look like much of a threat. Skye didn’t have a problem with that. Brandon’s guards walked away from the gym towards the staircase. The minute they were out of sight, Brandon grabbed Skye’s hand and pulled her in the opposite direction.

“I assume the alarms are for you?” He asked as they ran towards the fire escape. Skye didn’t reply. It was kind of obvious. He began to pull her down the stairs but she pulled him back. He looked at her confused.

“I need to go to room 19,” Skye replied as she ran up leaving him behind. She heard him run up the stairs behind her without question. Skye hoped that she wasn’t running up to an empty room. If Tristan was already on the run, she had no way of escaping.

She opened the door and walked into the first floor, her hood pulled down. The alarms were still blaring but not a soul was to be seen on the floor. She rang the bell of room 19 and waited as Brandon caught up with her. The door opened and Tristan pulled her inside. Brandon got in and shut the door behind him. Unlike in the corridor, inside the room, the sounds of the alarm was not heard.

“The alarms are ringing?” Tristan asked her. Skye nodded as Basilisk slithered towards her. Brandon looked in awe as the python wrapped itself around her arm and shoulder. “And who’s he?”

“Not important if you don’t live. And to live you should leave right now.” Brandon replied for Skye. Just then someone banged on the door.

“Open up!” a voice yelled on the other end. Tristan placed his hand on the window and made it vibrate as Brandon turned to Skye.

“The general that I was talking about, her name is Eden Morris. She's about your age...uh...white hair. She also has only one eye, I think she lost it at a young age. Her parents were killed in the war and she has been against heroes and villains all her life. She is a crazy woman. Crazy smart woman. The robots you’re speaking of, has to be her design. My father is a gullible man. If she has finally gotten him under her thumb, then nothing can be done. She will be in Rackror in the castle, with my father. You won’t be able to get her as long as she is in there.” He paused. “Just keep Sebastien alive for me.”

Skye nodded her head as the door began creaking. Brandon quickly removed his shirt and pulled out a towel from inside the bathroom. Skye turned to Tristan, who was leaning out the window. “It’s a big drop.”

Skye pulled Tristan behind the bed as Brandon opened the door, he was only in a towel, his hair wet. “What?” he exclaimed as he opened the door.

“We saw you come in with a woman just a while ago sir.” She heard the guards speak.

“Which is why I’m asking, why in the world you’re disturbing me?” Brandon replied, his voice steely.

“Right. Sorry, sir. Sorry for the interruption.” The guard sheepishly replied.

Brandon slammed the door shut. Skye got up and leaned across the window to see the drop was long but they had no other choice.

“Pull your hood down more, you’ll attract a lot of attention with the blue hair. Try to look as inconspicuous as possible.”

Skye looked at him and then at Bas wrapped around her arm. “I am sure that will be my biggest problem.” She replied sarcastically. “Anybody gives me a second look and I’ll just melt their faces off.”

“You made a promise. Remember?” Brandon replied. Skye stared at him. He did just save their lives but she was so close to killing him just so that he would shut up. She turned to Tristan, who held out the hoodie. She put it back on as Bas slithered uncomfortably inside.