CHAPTER TWO: THE ENCOUNTER

ƬΉΣ ΣПᄃӨЦПƬΣЯ

Skye took a deep breath of the clean night air as she sat on the edge of the terrace, her feet dangling in the air. She tore open her chocolate bar and grabbed a bite.

Two hours. She slept for two hours before she jumped awake. Skye was so used to sleeping light and getting up early that it got to a point where she could no longer sleep through the night. She had sneaked out of the room, Bryce still sleeping, pulled over a hoodie and walked upstairs to the terrace.

She stopped chewing when she realised the wind was no longer blowing. Skye sighed as she took another bite.

“I know you’re here.” She mumbled. “Come out, come out, wherever you are.”

No reply. Skye slowly got up. “I know you’re here. I don’t understand why you would bother hiding though. It’s not like there is any paparazzi here. So whichever bimbo you are dating right now won’t read anything off the news.”

Still no reply. “Fine. Have it your way. I’ll bring you out.”

She stood on the terrace sill. “Bye, Breeze.”

Skye leaned backwards, slipping from the sill and falling downwards off a ten-foot story building. She saw the ground getting closer and suddenly she was caught by a warm body. She turned around to see her saviour.

She grabbed another bit off her chocolate bar, that she held tight in her hand. “Knew it was you.”

Tristan rolled his eyes as he helped her stand. “You could have died, Skye.”

“You talking about right now or a few hours ago?” Skye asked smirking. She turned around and began to walk away from him.

“I honestly believe you want to die, sometimes,” Tristan said as he walked beside her.

“So, what’s the reason behind the visit?” Skye asked. She held the chocolate bar in front of his face. He took it from her hands and took a bite, and then passed it back to her.

“Can’t I just want to visit the only love of my life?” he shrugged.

Skye shrugged back not letting herself think about his words. The only love of his life. “Did you?”

“Yeah, I did. And to congratulate you on Hermes’ death. That must have been a big win for you. I was going to talk to you in the bar itself but you seemed a little preoccupied and then you disappeared. Decided to come home to talk to you and realised you were...busy.”

Skye tugged at the ends off her gloves without removing them. She didn't bother to reply. Who she saw or didn’t see was none of his business.

The awkward silence was broken by the sound of his phone ringing. He pulled it out of his jacket and checked the caller ID. “Sorry. I have to take this.”

Skye nodded. “More news?” he spoke into the phone. After a few “hmm”s and “ah”s, Tristan finally concluded the call. Tristan was one of the heads of the VPC: Villains protection council. He kept track of the rogue villains to make sure they did not make problems for the others and kept track of the threats in general.

“I’ll be back by tomorrow. We’ll talk then.” Saying so, he cut the call. “Turns out, whatever killed Hermes, also killed Dominica and Captain Savvy.”

“No way,” Skye exclaimed. Dominica was probably the only hero that she envied. Her powers of teleportation and control over lightening were probably the coolest thing ever. Captain savvy, on the other hand, did nothing. He just got about manipulating others into giving him what he wants. He wasn’t really that big of a hero but he was Dominica’s brother so he got fame. “Man, I would love to shake the hand of whoever is doing this.”