CHAPTER SEVEN: SPECIMEN

SPΣCIMΣΠ

The robot pushed the real maid to the side and walked into the room. Skye expected the dress to tear in the middle and reveal a pizza-human cutter like the others but instead, the skin on the robot’s hands peeled off into pieces and revealed... knives. the robot’s entire arm was made of sharp pointy metal blades.

“Please don’t be throw blades. Please don’t be throw blades.” Skye muttered. The robot swung her arm at Skye like she was pitching a ball. Skye ducked. She turned her head to see a knife stuck to the wall behind her. “Of-fucking-course.”

The robot screeched and rubbed her blades together like she was sharpening them.

“Let’s keep it quiet. Someone’s sleeping.” Skye hissed at her. The robot frowned in confusion. Skye used that to her advantage. Skye moved to the robot’s side and swung her rod across her face. Half the face peeled off and revealed the circuits underneath.

A blow like that on any other person would have knocked them out, but the robot simply snarled more and swung her blades harder.

The robot grabbed a chair and threw it at her head. Skye ducked as the chair shattered the window and flew out of the building. Skye turned her rod around to the spear sided end (Bas’ tail) and stabbed the robot right in the shoulder. Skye must have hit some important connection since all the function in the robot’s left arm stopped.

Skye gave her no time to think, she twirled her rod around such that the end with Bas’ head was pointed at the robot. Bas always froze with different facial expressions. That time, Bas was baring his teeth, his mouth wide open.

Skye struck her rod right into the neck of the robot. Bas’ jaw got hinged to the wires underneath. She pulled the rod to the side pulling out all the wires. The robot’s eyes slowly turned black. Skye heard the real maid whimper in a corner as the fake one dropped to the ground. Skye sighed and disentangled Bas’s jaw from the wires and held it against the back of her arm, Bas’s head facing upwards.

“What exactly do you count as reckless?”

“Your welcome,” Skye replied as she faced Tristan. His hair was smooth on one side and messed up on the other and his eyes were still drowsy. She turned to the maid. “You saw nothing here.”

The maid quickly nodded as a drop of sweat slid down her beaded forehead. Skye placed her rod down and bent down to examine the robot. Somehow the wires that she had pulled out had turned completely black.

“You flooded her system with your poison?” Tristan asked as he looked down from the bed. Skye shook her head. She picked up the rod and examined the head. Some venom from her fingers were smeared onto Basilisk’s head.

“How can venom destroy a machine?” Skye asked, more to herself than anybody in that room. She got up and turned to the maid, who seemed to be stuck in her place with a horrified expression on her face. “We need a car. Now.”

The maid nodded and ran out of the room while making sure she kept a five feet distance from both of them and the robot.

“Is getting a car from her really the smartest thing?” Tristan asked as he stifled a yawn.

“We will ditch it the second I find another car,” Skye replied as she willed her rod back into Basilisk. Skye looked down at the robot. “We have to take that with us.”

Tristan shook his head. “It could have a tracking device in it.”

“That is a risk I am willing to take,” Skye said slowly. “These things seem to be able to track us down no matter where we are. We need to figure out how to destroy them before we end up dead.”