[7]

Anastasia stood frozen. The word 'MATE' swimming around her head. Her soft human heart thumping rapidly as if it was going to give out. Bursting out of the bathroom Anastasia looks straight at the Cullen's wide eyed.

"Anna is everything alright?" Edward asks jogging over to the girl.
"My names not Anna, it's Anastasia." She said hotly.
"Also my grandmother called." She lied continuously.

"So I must go now." With that Anastasia made her way down the steps but not without Edward hot on her heels.

"Wait wait!" He called but she kept walking as fast as humanly possible so she wouldn't give herself away.

"Please stay I won't call you Anna anymore. But you just got here..." it was clear Edward was hurt.
"I cannot stay. My grandmother just called me and said she needed my help. Please I need to get back to my grandmother." Anastasia pleaded anxiously.

"Do you need my father to come with and check in on her? I can come too. What if she fell. I don't think you should-" Edward said as he grabbed her her from opening the front door.
"I said I'm leaving." Anastasia yanked her hand away. Slightly missing his touch Anastasia pushed those feelings away.
"Don't grab me again." The red head trembled while looking straight into Edward's topaz eyes.

"I'm sorry- I.. I hope your grandmother is okay." Edward finally said but it was too late. Anastasia has already left and her car was pulling out into the road.

Anastasia wish she could cry at times like these. Even in her human form tears are hard to force. They can happen but not for very long.

Smacking the steering wheel Anastasia wanted to know what was wrong with her and what did Edward mean by mate. Since when are they mates?

The questions kept coming and Anastasia found herself even more confused and wanting to flee.

"No.. no I cant.." the redhead mumbled as she drove like a maniac. She had to stay and figure out why she couldn't feel the pull like Edward did.
She had to continue playing her games.