Tickle Wars.

( Johnny's POV )

"I was thinking we'd go out tonight." Ponyboy said slowly, lacing his fingers with mine. A big smile rested on his face.

"Mm..." I hummed, thinking the proposition over. "Can't we just curl up and watch a movie?" He was silent for a moment. So silent, in fact, that I had to peek at him to make sure he hadn't fallen asleep on me somehow.

"I guess. But I wanted to treat you." He frowned. "It's almost the five month anniversary of when we met."

"You remember the exact day we met?"

"Mhhhm. Got it marked in my calander."

"But I was so mean to you..."

"You didn't know how amazing I was yet." He shrugged slowly. "I'll let it slide." I laughed loudly, raising my eyebrows.

"I don't think I know how amazing you are now." I teased, just wanting to make him get defensive. He always ended up scrunching up his face. His ears went red, and he got the cutest look on his face.

"You know what!" He started, trying to hold in his laugh as he reached over and started tickling me. My eyes went wide with surprise, my body instantly flopping.

"No!" I shouted at the top of my lungs, trying to get away from him, tears already stinging at my eyes from how hard I was laughing.

"Yes!" He moved to climb on top of me, trying to hold me down. I fought him back as he tried to tickle me while also working on keeping me from tickling him. Seeing my advantage because he was so overwhelmed, I grinned wildly and flipped him over.

"Who's defenseless now?" I joked, pinning his hands. He laughed, both of us breathing hard from all of the playful wrestling we just did.

"Meanie." He frowned, averting his eyes. Immediately, I climbed off, sitting up with a frown of my own.

"I'm sorry..." I started slowly, really feeling bad. I was positive I'd upset him. He wouldn't even look me in the eye. Looking down, I sighed softly. "I didn't mean to-" Before I knew it, he was tackling me with a maniacal laugh.

"You can't escape now!" He shouted jokingly, using his body weight to pin me down. Damn him for being bigger than me. It wasn't fair. Even his legs and arms stretched longer than mine. Now I was the one pouting.

"I guess we'll just lay here until we dieee..."

"Shut up and lemme take you out." I looked up at him again, quiet for a second as a gradual grin graced my lips. No one had ever offered to take me out before.

"Okay..." I whispered quietly, sounding more like a breath than an actual word. Pleased, he smiled widely, loosening his grip on me.

"There." He leaned down, kissing me gently before standing and extending his hand to help me up. When we were both standing, he patted my chest. "Go get dressed and meet me back at my house... If your parents are home, please don't go in." I sighed a little, nodding.

"If they don't see me, I won't." I brought his hand up, kissing the backs of his knuckles before letting it go and waving a goodbye.

"Wait." He murmured.

"Hm?" He leaned forward again, kissing me goodbye. I smiled against his lips, returning it before finally walking in the direction of my house. I could feel his worried eyes on me, but I tried my very hardest not to look back. If I did, I'd run straight back into his arms.

Just to think, though. Having my first official date? That was kind of exciting, right?

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
This was so random, I got on this page and had no fuckin' clue what to do.