Chapter Eight: Coming Out

“Mama,” Thiago said softly as he cuddled into Rosalie’s arms, he buried his head into her neck as she held him close; he was nervous and she didn’t blame him, this was the first time he had been to the Camp Nou.

Lionel had insisted that it would be a good idea if Rosalie brought the children to Barcelona’s home match against Real Valladolid, he wanted to break the news that not only was he married but he was also a father this way.

“Why are we here mama?” Peyton asked looking around confused as Rosalie settled Thiago down on her lap as they found their seats; Rosalie smiled at her daughter knowing that Peyton was nervous about being known as Peyton Messi from now on.

“We are here to support your padre,” Rosalie said with a small smile, she knew that once this was out that she should start expecting a visit from not only her parents but from Lionel’s as well; they had some explaining to do but right now they were happy and that was all that mattered.

Peyton nodded her head as she turned her attention to the pitch were Lionel was warming up with the rest of his team-mates, Rosalie didn’t have to be telepathic to know that he was thinking of her and the children; she could see it on his face and she knew that he was thought about them more than he let on.

Rosalie had decided to wear a cream top with V-neck in crepe and black acid wash skinny jeans paired with black pointed high heels with suede detail, she knew that once she left the stadium she would be back in the lime-light again and everyone would comment on how she dressed.

***

Bouncing Thiago on her knee, Rosalie nibbled on her lip as she watched the match that seemed to just drag on; the blonde smiled to herself as she listened to Peyton as the little girl talked about the match.

There was no denying that Peyton was a daddy’s girl, she knew more about football than any of the children her age and Rosalie knew what it was like to being a footballer’s daughter; she sighed softly wondering how her own father had been since she had last seen him.

Rosalie knew that Diego was still hurting from her disappearance, she had caused him so much pain when she had left but she had done it for the right reason and that reason was now sat beside her.

“Yay Papa,” Peyton shouted snapping Rosalie out of her thoughts, the blonde smiled as she watched her husband celebrating his goal with his team mates before he kissed his wedding ring.

Rosalie blushed slightly as she ducked her head, she was used to his private displays of affection and this was the first time that Lionel had openly dedicated a goal to her like that.

“Mama,” Peyton said with a smile as she looked at her mother, she knew that there was no hiding from what they were about to do; the blonde smiled at her as she ran her fingers carefully through Thiago’s brown hair.

The match was coming to an end and Rosalie knew that Lionel would want to see the children; she carefully collected her black tumbled leather bag with two pockets and got to her feet, she nibbled her lip as she ushered Peyton up the stairs so that they could head to the players’ lounge.

“Rosa,” Shakira called as she spotted the other blonde, she shifted her hold on Milan as she walked towards Rosalie as the final whistle went; she knew that Rosalie was going to the players’ lounge so that she could wait for Lionel.

Rosalie smiled at her friend knowing that she would take her mind off the wait that she now had, she knew that she was being silly but she was a little nervous about how the world would react to the news that she was Lionel Messi’s wife of eight years.

“So how are you feeling?” Shakira asked as the two started to walk towards the players’ lounge, Shakira smiled at Thiago as the little boy cuddled closer to his mother and Peyton stayed close to her mother’s side.

“A little nervous,” Rosalie admitted as they passed by security, who didn’t even seem to bat an eyelid as the two blondes past them; Rosalie guessed that it was something to do with the fact that Lionel had warned his club that he would be telling the world that he was married.

***

Lionel grinned as he lifted Thiago out of Rosalie’s arms, he was thrilled that he could hold his son without having to worry about hiding his identity; a couple of the players cooed as they spotted the footballer with his son.

“He looks like you Leo,” Xavi cooed as he stood next to his friend and admired Thiago, he couldn’t believe that this was the first time that he was seeing the little boy and he wondered how no one had guessed his paternity.

Peyton cuddled into her mother’s side as she looked up at the footballers as Lionel sat down next to Rosalie, a couple of his team-mates smiled down at the little girl; they couldn’t believe that their friend had two children and one on the way.

“So when is the next one due?” Andres asked as he looked at Rosalie, he knew that she couldn’t be far along since there wasn’t much of a bump showing yet and he had a feeling that there would be a frenzy when the press found out.

“The end of March next year,” Rosalie said as she ran her fingers through Peyton’s hair as Lionel held Thiago close knowing that they had to head home.

It wasn’t long before the couple were stepping out of the stadium and where heading towards the Audi Q7, Lionel carefully handed Thiago to Rosalie as he collected Peyton as they prepared for the media backlash.

Rosalie ignored the shouts from the press as she moved to settle Thiago into his car seat, she knew that this was only going to get worse once the press knew who she and the children were.

Lionel put Peyton into the car before he looked at Rosalie, who nodded at him as she slipped inside the car as well; he sighed relieved that his family was safe before he glanced at the paparazzi that were shouting questions at him.

“Listen… I just want to spend some time with my wife and children after my team’s win,” Lionel said dropping the words that he knew would catch the attention of the paps and he held back a grin as they fell silent for a moment before they started to ask the questions that everyone wanted to know.

Lionel ignored them as he climbed into the car and flashed a smile at Rosalie, she smiled at him as he pulled out of the car park.

“You think it’ll be okay?” Rosalie asked as she glanced back at the children, she knew that Lionel would never put them through this if it would put them in any danger.

Lionel sighed as he took her hand and pressed a kiss to her hand; he carefully released it and smiled at her softly.

“It’ll be fine,” Lionel said knowing that there was going to be a big backlash to their secret and the couple hoped that they were prepared for what was about to happen.

Rosalie sighed as she rested a hand on her stomach, she just hoped that everything would settle down soon.