Chapter Twenty-Five: Mothers Clash

Claudia frowned banging on the apartment door, she didn’t know what was going on but she was far from pleased that she was being kept from her daughter when she needed her most.

Claudia pursed her lips as she waited for someone to answer the door, she had come to Barcelona as soon as she could and was far from happy that she had yet to see her daughter; Rosalie had been put through hell because of the footballer and she was here to fix things.

Claudia furrowed her brow as Celia opened the door, she didn’t know why Lionel’s mother was here when she had made her feelings clear on the marriage and the children produced by Rosalie’s union with Lionel.

“Hola Claudia… what are you doing here?” Celia asked looking at the other woman curiously, she knew that Claudia wouldn’t have come for the same reasons that she had; things were going so well recently that Lionel had relaxed in the week since his mother had come to Barcelona.

The two women stared at each other for a moment, Celia knew better than to allow Claudia into the apartment; the blonde had been threatening to come and take Rosalie and the children away from Lionel and she knew that her son was scared that it would happen.

“I’m here for my daughter and grandchildren,” Claudia said pushing her way into the apartment, she wrinkled her nose in disgust before Celia grabbed her arm and started her from going any further; she knew that Lionel would be home any moment and she didn’t want anyone getting stressed out by any of this.

“I think you should leave Claudia… Rosalie is on bed rest and Lionel doesn’t want her getting stressed out and losing the baby,” Celia said trying to stay calm, she ignored the dark look that flickered through the other woman’s brown eyes; she could sense trouble brewing and she hoped that Claudia didn’t cause any trouble.

Claudia pursed her lips, she didn’t care what the footballer wanted, she was here for her daughter and she going to make sure that Lionel would never hurt Rosalie again; she was prepared to even make sure that he didn’t see his children after what he had done to the blonde.

“I could care less what that footballer wants… he has made a laughing stock of my daughter and I won’t allow this sham to continue,” Claudia snarled pulling back from Celia, her eyes looking around the corridor wondering what room her daughter would be in.

Claudia was going to do whatever it took to make her see sense, she didn’t know how Rosalie could stay with Lionel after he had cheated on her.

***

Lionel ran a tired hand through his hair as he stepped into his apartment, he was pleased with the process that had been made on the house and he knew everything would be completed before the baby was born.

Lionel had also been to a meeting with his lawyer to sort out the problem that had been caused by Maria; the stripper had pleaded with him not to sue her, she was in line to lose a lot of money if he continued with the law suit against her.

Lionel didn’t care however since he wanted her to suffer for the trouble that she had brought to his family; the footballer wanted to show that he was completely innocent in all of this.

“There he is… the trouble maker,” Claudia spat making Lionel stop and stare at his mother-in-law, he had a horrible feeling about why she was here; he didn’t want her upsetting Rosalie while she was meant to be relaxing.

Celia glanced at her son sensing that he was far from pleased to see Claudia, she didn’t blame him since the other woman seemed hell bent on hating him for what had happened between her and Diego; she wasn’t even going to give him a fair chance.

“What are you doing here?” Lionel asked stepping further into his home, it was clear that he had walked in on some sort of argument and he could already see a red mark forming on his mother’s face; he didn’t put it past Claudia to lash out since she wasn’t going to get her own way.

“As if you don’t know… I’m here to take Rosalie and the children back to Argentina,” Claudia said smirking at the footballer, she was going to do whatever it took to hurt Lionel; just as he had hurt her daughter, she had to make him suffer for all the pain that he had caused Rosalie.

Lionel felt his heart lurch at the thought of losing his family, even if he knew that his wife would never walk away like that; he couldn’t help but fear that Claudia could make that happen.

Celia stared at her youngest son, she could tell that he had frozen in fear and she hated that Claudia was doing that to him; he didn’t deserve her anger or hatred for something that he hadn’t done.

“I think it’s best if you leave,” Celia said as she again tried to get the blonde out of the apartment, she had tried once before and it had ended with Claudia slapping her; she didn’t know who this woman thought she was but she had no right to come into someone else’s home and mess around with a family like this.

***

Rosalie looked at Lionel as he quickly stepped into their bedroom and closed the door behind him, he flinched as he listened to their mother’s arguing before he smiled softly at his wife.

“I take it my madre is here,” Rosalie guessed watching her husband walk over to her, he sat down on the bed and nodded his head as he looked down at her stomach; she was thirty-two weeks pregnant and he knew they needed to think about names for their little girl.

“Leo… you know that I would never leave you,” Rosalie said taking his hand and gave it a squeeze, she didn’t know why he kept doubting her especially since she had never said anything about leaving him; she rested a hand on her belly making Lionel look at her worried.

Rosalie shook her head as she took his hand and placed it on her stomach, he smiled as he felt their baby kick; he had been worried that with all the stress that she had been through lately there would be something wrong with the baby.

“I know… I just can’t help but worry some times,” Lionel said gently smiling at her, the sound of the front door slamming made the couple glance towards the bedroom door. Rosalie sighed wondering why her mother thought that she could barge into her life like this and try to pull them apart.

“How was the meeting with your lawyer?” Rosalie asked knowing that Lionel wasn’t going to allow Maria to slide free after what she had done to them; she was the reason that everyone thought that Lionel had cheated on his wife.

Lionel ran a hand through his hair, he was glad that Rosalie had stuck with him through all of this and that everything seemed to be looking up for them.

“It was okay… he thinks that we’ll be able to settle out of court, Maria won’t risk it going that far,” Lionel said making Rosalie nodded her head as she smiled at him, she was glad that it could be over soon; she didn’t want it dragging on for months while they had other things that needed to be thought about and they had a baby coming in a couple of months.