Chapter Twenty-Two: Kiss and Tell Story

Lionel glared at the television screen as he cursed himself, he couldn’t believe that the brunette had done this and now he was going to have to deal with the consequences for his family.

“It’ll be okay,” Rosalie said sitting next to her husband, she was furious that this woman had thrown herself at her husband and then had the cheek to sell her kiss and tell story to the press; she wished she could throttle the woman who thought that this was okay.

“I know… but your parents are going to be unbearable,” Lionel said knowing that his in-laws had been waiting for something like this to happen, they didn’t trust him to begin with and now they would have a field day trying to take his wife and children from him.

Rosalie sighed nodding her head and leant into Lionel’s touch, she cuddled into his arms knowing that this wasn’t going to be easy; already the media were gathering outside wanting to hear from the family about Lionel’s cheating.

“It’ll die down sooner or later,” Rosalie said comforting her husband, she knew that he would never do anything like this; Lionel had been with her through a lot and she wasn’t about to allow some stripper ruin her life or her family.

“I just worry about what your parents will say… they already don’t approve of our marriage and now they will try and convince you to leave me,” Lionel said trying to hide the fear that he felt; he looked at Rosalie, who sighed as she tried to comfort him.

***

“Madre… I’m not leaving my husband over this,” Rosalie said sitting in the living room, she glanced at Lionel who was playing with Peyton and Thiago and smiled knowing that she wasn’t going anywhere.

Rosalie rolled her eyes annoyed as Claudia again begging her to leave Lionel, her mother was trying to protect her from harm but she wasn’t about to walk out on her marriage just because some stripper thought that this was a good way to make some money.

“I’m not moving back to Argentina… nor am I divorcing Leo,” Rosalie said gently before she pushed herself to her feet and walked out of the living room, she didn’t want her children hearing this conversation and for it to upset them.

Rosalie stepped into the bedroom that she shared with her husband and closed the door behind her silently, she took a calming breath as she sat down on the bed while her mother tried to talk her into leaving Lionel.

Rosalie was wearing a coral maternity batwing tee and floral print maternity skinny jeans paired with black ankle boots; she hadn’t left the apartment only to collect some post since Lionel didn’t want the paparazzi anywhere near her or the children right now knowing that they were just have a story.

“Madre… I know that you don’t trust Leo but I do and I know that he would never do any of this, that stripper kissed him and I know my husband wouldn’t cheat on me,” Rosalie said doubting that her parents were going to let this go; they had been waiting for something like this to happen and now it had, they were like a dog with a bone and weren’t going to let this go.

“Honestly madre… I don’t care what you think,” Rosalie said annoyed closing her eyes ignoring her mother’s hurtful words; Claudia wanted the best for her daughters and this wasn’t what she wanted for the blonde.

Lionel carefully stepped into the bedroom and looked at his wife worried, he didn’t want his mother-in-law convincing her to leave him; he knew that he was innocent and having spoken with his lawyer, he hoped to be able to have the stripper done for slander after what she had done.

“Just because that happened with you and padre doesn’t mean it will happen to me and Leo,” Rosalie said annoyed as her husband sat next to her, he looked at her worried knowing that Claudia was trying everything in her power to get Rosalie to doubt him and leave him taking the children with her.

***

Rosalie smiled softly pressing a kiss to Peyton’s head as she tucked the little girl into bed; she quietly left the room knowing that the children didn’t understand what was going on and she hoped that they never would.

“Pey go to sleep okay?” Lionel asked looking at his wife, he had been on the phone with his agent when the little girl had been told it was time to go to bed; he hated that he had been forced to sort out the mess caused by someone else instead of reading a bedtime story to his daughter.

“She did,” Rosalie said sensing that there was something bothering him, she sighed as she moved to sit down next to him; she was thirty-one weeks pregnant now and she knew that they really didn’t need any of this happening right now.

The couple sat in silence for a moment before Lionel looked at his wife knowing that she didn’t deserved any of this; she was heavily pregnant and he didn’t want her getting stressed out.

“If you wanted to leave… you know that you could,” Lionel said looking at his wife, who stared at him speechless as she realised what he had been thinking about; she had never even considered leaving him.

Lionel sighed as he ran a hand through his hair and looked down at his feet, he had never deserved Rosalie and even though he loved her he wanted her to be happy.

“Lionel Andres Messi Cuccittini… don’t you dare even think like that,” Rosalie snapped glaring at her husband, she couldn’t believe that this was happening especially when she needed him most.

“I want you to be happy Rosa and the last thing I want is for you to suffer through this,” Lionel said feeling guilty that he was putting her through that, he sighed as he thought about what he could do to make this easier on her and the children.

Rosalie stared at him speechless before she felt a sharp stabbing pain in her stomach, she rested a hand on her bump wondering what was going on.

“I would do anything for you… so maybe I should stay with a friend for a while,” Lionel said shaking his head before he pushed himself to his feet and walked away from his wife; he just wanted to make things better for them and he knew until he had taken the stripper to court that this was for the best.

“Leo,” Rosalie said looking at her husband, there was something very wrong and she needed to go to the hospital; she swallowed wondering what was going on and if the baby was alright.

Lionel turned and looked at his wife as he heard the tremor in her voice, he didn’t know what it was but it worried him; he didn’t want to upset her while she was this pregnant.

“I think we need to call the hospital,” Rosalie said wincing in pain, Lionel stared at her for a moment before he jumped into action; he cursed himself as he called an ambulance as he realised that this was serious.

“Por favor… let them both be okay,” Lionel prayed looking at his wife knowing that this couldn’t be good; he just hoped that Rosalie and the baby would be okay and that he wouldn’t lose either of them.

Lionel would never forgive himself if something happened to Rosalie and the baby, they meant everything to him.