Chapter Twenty-Eight: A Happy Day

Diego frowned staring up at the hospital where his daughter was, news had broken early that morning that Rosalie had given birth to her third child; he hadn’t been permitted to see his daughter since he wasn’t on the visitors list and he knew that it was down to Lionel.

The former footballer didn’t believe for a moment the words that Rosalie had said to him when he had last seen her; he had stayed away for a while but once he and Claudia had heard that she’d that Rosalie had a healthy baby girl, they were desperate to see her and their newborn granddaughter.

“Any luck?” Diego asked as his ex-wife returned to the rental car, she shook her head annoyed that they weren’t being allowed to see their daughter; they couldn’t understand how this could be happening to them when all they wanted was for her to be happy.

Diego frowned thinking about what they could do, he had seen Lionel’s mother with the other children going in earlier and there were other members of the footballer’s family visiting but for some reason no one would let them go and see their daughter.

“So what now?” Claudia asked annoyed that she wasn’t going to see her granddaughter anytime soon, she wanted to be there for her daughter and help her in the first few months of the baby’s life but with Lionel around that wasn’t possible.

Diego shrugged looking at his ex-wife, he wasn’t sure what to do now but he knew that they needed to do something; Rosalie deserved the best and clearly that wasn’t Lionel.

***

“She’s perfect,” Lionel murmured holding his newborn daughter, he was thrilled that everything had gone well and now he was a father again; Madison Celia Messi was a gift from above and he was going to spoil her as much as her siblings.

Lionel was sure that this was the perfect way to finish off their family, he smiled as he cooed at her knowing that everything was going to work out; he wasn’t going to allow anything to ruin his family.

“She is,” Rosalie agreed watching Lionel with their daughter, she smiled as she watched them together knowing that they were going to be okay.

Rosalie hadn’t told her husband but she had put a block on her parents from coming to see her while she was in hospital.

The last thing that Rosalie wanted on a day like today was for her parents to ruin it, she was happy and so was Lionel; they had everything that they could want and Madison was the perfect way to complete it.

“Mama,” Peyton said excitedly as she hurried into the hospital room and towards her parents, Lionel handed the newborn back to Rosalie who was wearing a black imprint nightie; he knew that this was going to be interesting.

Peyton clambered excitedly onto the bed and looked curiously at her new sister while Lionel moved to collect Thiago from his mother; he smiled at her knowing that this was the happiest that he had felt in a long time.

“This is Madison… she’s your new baby sister,” Rosalie said as Lionel settled their son onto the bed, he knew that there was a chance that the little boy would get a little jealous over the attention that the newborn got but he hoped that it wouldn’t be too bad; they had been through so much that they could handle anything.

***

Rosalie furrowed her brow hearing the sound of arguing in the corridor, she looked at Lionel who shrugged as he glanced at Madison who was sleeping soundly in her mother’s arms.

Celia had taken Peyton and Thiago home after they had spent some time with their parents and new sister; she knew that the couple would want some rest since it had been a long day and the last thing they needed was to be messed around too much before they came home the next day.

Rosalie swallowed as her mother pushed her way into the hospital room followed by her father, this wasn’t going to end well and the nursing staff looked far from pleased about what had happened before the former couple had disturbed the family.

Lionel furrowed his brow at the glare that Claudia offered him before she attempted to move closer to her daughter, she was determined to make Rosalie see sense and help her in anyway; she didn’t care what it took and she doubted that Lionel was prepared for this.

“How dare you try and stop us from seeing our daughter,” Diego spat turning on Lionel, the footballer looked at him confused wondering what was going on; he glanced at his wife who checked that no one had woken up the baby.

Rosalie glared at her parents, she couldn’t believe that they had done this today; it was meant to be a happy time and they seemed determined to ruin it for her in any way.

“Leo wasn’t the one that missed you off the visitor list… I was, I don’t want either of you here,” Rosalie said annoyed making her parents stare at her; even Lionel seemed surprised that his wife would do such a thing, he knew that this had been a reaction to something that had happened.

“Today is meant to be happy and with you two here that isn’t going to happen,” Rosalie said annoyed staring at her parents, she had a feeling that they would find a way to blame Lionel for this but it was all her; she didn’t want them in her life if they were going to cause her problems.

Claudia blinked looking at her middle daughter, she couldn’t believe that this was what had happened; she knew that things had been hard recently but that was only because Rosalie wasn’t going to leave her husband like she should do.

Lionel carefully sat down next to his wife, he knew that there was little that he could say that would make this better; apart from the word divorce, Claudia and Diego weren’t going to back off and leave them alone.

“What are you saying? We are your parents,” Diego said looking at his daughter, she wasn’t the little girl that he had disappeared all those years ago and he knew that he wasn’t sure what to expect from her now; she seemed determined to live her life one way or another without them in it.

Rosalie took a deep breath as she calmed herself, she didn’t want to shout in case she woke the baby but she knew that this needed to end now; her chat with her parents had apparently gone in one ear and out the other.

“Exactly… I am happy with my life and as I have said before, if you don’t like it then get out and don’t come back,” Rosalie said looking between her mother and father; she couldn’t go on like this anymore and she was determined to show them that this wasn’t a topic to discuss.

Claudia blinked staring at her daughter, she wondered briefly where her little girl had gone; the one that had come running to her in the night when the shadows scared her, and she wanted that little girl back and this clearly wasn’t her.

“If that is what you want… but don’t come crying to us when he hurts you,” Diego said hurt that this was happening, there was too much damage to repair and he hoped that his daughter would be happy because he was finished with her.