Chapter Twelve: The Ex-Girlfriend

“Hola Rosalie,” Antonella said with a smile on her face a she stared at Rosalie, she watched her for a moment before Celia appeared with a grin on her face; she ushered the blonde out of the way so Antonella could step into the home.

“Anto it is wonderful to see you,” Celia said smirking at her daughter-in-law, she hoped that Lionel would see that he had made a big mistake in marrying the blonde now that his ex-girlfriend was here.

Antonella smiled politely as she looked at Rosalie, she knew that the blonde didn’t like her, she never had done and she didn’t blame her; she had been horrible to Rosalie in high school and she had nearly destroyed her relationship with Lionel over jealously.

“Why don’t we go into the living room?” Celia said before she quickly hurried Antonella further into the house, she ignored the look on Rosalie’s face before she disappeared into the house; she knew that she was going to cause a lot of trouble but she was doing it so Lionel could be happy.

Rosalie blinked for a moment before she shook her head and headed into the kitchen to warn Lionel about their unexpected guest; she knew that he wouldn’t be pleased to hear what his mother had done.

“Dinner is nearly ready,” Lionel said as Rosalie entered the kitchen, he didn’t look at her as she crossed her arms and sighed as she waited for him to turn around.

Rosalie watched him for a moment wondering how he would react to the news that Antonella was in their home, the two hadn’t parted on good terms when their relationship had ended.

“Your madre invited your ex-girlfriend to join us for dinner,” Rosalie said watching her husband, who stopped what he was doing and turned to look at her shocked.

“She’s brought Antonella here?” Lionel asked stepping towards his wife, he knew that this wasn’t going to end well and he couldn’t believe that his mother had pulled a stunt like this.

Rosalie nodded her head, she knew that Lionel had been the one to end things with Antonella before they had gotten together but she had never found out why Lionel had bumped the brunette.

Lionel shook his head annoyed before he moved closer to his wife and kissed her softly, they had been together for twelve years and married for eight of those and he wasn’t about to allow his mother to cause them problems.

“Ignore her,” Lionel said resting a hand on her small bump, he knew what his mother wanted and he wasn’t going to allow her to destroy his marriage. Rosalie nodded her head and moved closer for her husband, she cuddled close for a moment before Celia stepped into the kitchen.

“Leo why don’t you come and say Hola to our guest,” Celia said smiling at her son innocently, she knew that he wasn’t going to be happy at first at the fact that she had brought Antonella into his life; she could never understand why he had broken up with the brunette but she knew that it was Rosalie’s fault.

***

“So Lionel, how has football been this season?” Jorge asked looking at his son, he knew that they had to get rid of the awkward tension that his wife had caused; he couldn’t believe that Celia had invited Antonella.

Lionel perked up at the mention of football, he was quick to start talking about the sport making Rosalie laugh softly and shake her head amused before she turned her attention to Peyton; she was ignoring the looks that Antonella was giving the little girl.

“How has school been?” Rosalie asked watching her daughter, the little girl had been thrilled that she was now being allowed back to school; Lionel had been even happier that he had been the one to drop her off and pick her up when she had gone back.

“School’s been good,” Peyton said smiling, it was something that she enjoyed and even though she was a daddy’s girl; she preferred reading to football any day of the week.

Lionel glanced at his daughter, he still worried that things at school would be bothering her especially now that she was known as Peyton Messi.

The family seemed to fall into a settled conversation with most of the conversation surrounding what they had all missed in the last few years before there was a cry on the baby monitor.  

Lionel smiled as he kissed Rosalie softly before he got up from his seat and headed upstairs to collect Thiago who was now awake; she knew that Lionel was excited to show off their children.

Claudia glanced at Diego who shrugged confused as he wondered what was going on, they were thrilled with having Peyton had their grandchild and while they knew that Rosalie had said children they had thought she meant the child that she was carrying when she spoke like that.

“Mama,” said a voice making everyone turn to look at Lionel as he carried a small boy into a voice, Rosalie smiled as she carefully got out of her seat and moved to take Thiago from her husband; their parents sat surprised at how much the little boy looked like his father.

“You have a son,” Jorge said softly as Lionel handed his son carefully over to Rosalie, the blonde smiled at Lionel as the little boy rubbed his eyes tiredly before resting his head against his mother’s shoulder.

“Thiago,” Lionel said as he looked at his father and nodded, he knew that they were all a little surprised to see his son and he didn’t blame him.

Peyton was the centre of the media storm because she was seen most with her father while Thiago had the luxury of spending more time out of the lime light with his mother.

***

“You seem happy,” Antonella said finally cornering Lionel alone as he loaded the dishwasher, he frowned slightly as he glanced at his ex-girlfriend as he stood and closed the machine.

Lionel watched her for a moment wondering what she had hoped to gain by coming to his home.

“I am…” Lionel said watching her, his mother had probably filled her head full of false promises and he had to put a stop to this before she got too attached.

Antonella looked down at her hands, she remembered how they always fought while they were dating, and she had always known that he loved Rosalie even if he didn’t want to admit it back then.

“I’m happy for you Leo, I’m happy for the both of you,” Antonella said with a small smile, she had known that coming to Lionel’s home was risky and now that she had seen him, she knew that he didn’t want her that way anymore.

“I’m sorry about my madre,” Lionel said knowing that she was a little disappointed with the turn out; he didn’t know what his mother had told her but he knew that it would have put a negative light on Rosalie.

Antonella shook her head as she looked at him, she was aware that there was no place in Lionel’s heart for her anymore and it made her wonder what she had been thinking when she had come to his home.

“It’s okay, I wish you the best in the future Leo, you deserve so much more happiness than I could ever give you,” Antonella said as she kissed his cheek softly before she turned and walked away.